www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Opening Weekend

Default Opening Weekend

Well I'm sitting here in the Shop and it is the weekend before the Opener. Weather has been cool and we have had a lot rain. All area lakes are open and full of water!!! Water temps are running in the high 40's and the walleyes have been spawing for about a week now. The shallow walleye bite should be on for shallow water fishing. I would key in on mud and wood 2 to 5 fow close to river mouths or hard bottom areas where the fish have been spawning. Stick baits and jig and plastic combo's are at the top of my list for catching shallow water walleye this time of year but if the walleye a little sluggish you can't beat a good old bobber with a minnow under it...

We will have our full line of live bait on Wed including Leeches!!! We canned our crawler supplier at the end of last season and settled on a new supplier. Our new guy is getting his crawlers from the same guy that Thompson's worm farm got them from. When the Thompson's retired our crawlers were not as nice. Wayne Thompson is working with our new supplier and our crawlers are conditioned and bigger and badder then ever before!!! They are also packed in bedding. I hated that black dirt that we had sometimes last season.

Stop in next Friday May 6th for the Chicken Booyah, walking tacos and Bake sale next to the store. Chicken Booyah will be homemade right on site over a wood cooker. All proceeds go to Rely for Life.

Also Sat May 7th the Central Price County Ambulance service will be selling Brats and Natural Casing Hotdogs and Baked goods next to the store as well as Raffle tickets for a Artic cat 4x4 4 wheeler and a full day guided trip with me John Carlson.

Ross's Sport Shop for all you Hunting, Fishing and opening weekend lunch time needs...
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com

I drove by Conners and Lake of the Pines last night and they are wide open. Water levels out there are high but not as bad as last fall.
    Ross's Sport Shop & Fishing Guide Service
    John Carlson

Web Site: http://www.rosssportshop.com