www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Muskies 2011

Default Muskies 2011

Last season I wrongly predicted that somebody at AML in 2010 was going to catch one of the huge muskies that haunt our dreams. We caught many big, big ones (check out the AML photo page and compare it with any other lodge), but not the monster. A lot of us saw them and a few were hooked, like the one Herbie had hooked up in his boat in the last minutes of the last day camp was open; but they all ended up being just fish stories. So, my challenge to all the die-hard musky fishermen and women is this: what will be the biggest fish caught out of AML this season? I think somebody is going to net a 57 incher weighing 55 pounds.
    Bill Hedden

Default Herbie

Bill,
    only 57 x 55#'s??
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

Web Site: http://www.andymyerslodge.com

Been a while since i posted on here, why not go out on a limb like I do every year. Someone will hook and net a 60+ and if i had to put a # to it, its going to be a 61, and weigh somewhere in the upper 50s low 60s

Hope its this year!

Alex

Default biggest?

54.5" x 28" 50# - 55#

I've seen a few in August that could push 50# in the fall, and that's when I think this years jumbo will be caught -- late September/Early October.

I'm still waiting for 40#!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Herbeck View Post
    Bill,
    only 57 x 55#'s??
    Herbie,
    I was trying to be conservative. Even I have seen bigger than that and I shudder to think of the ones you've seen. One of us has to get lucky one of these times.
    Bill

Default herbie

i was just horse'n around,i shurely wouldn't kick a 57 outa bed,but those whom have spent quality time on eagle knows what you are talking about,almost unbelievable it hasn't happened recently,so close but so far.
    thats what makes it what it is and keeps all coming back and dreaming of the day...................
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

I'll be sending you some new tools to get the job done Herbie.

JD

This work?

Default Addict .......

That's exactly why Slamr and I booked the new moon/last week in September this year. Can you say 50 pounder!!!!!!

Default dadsen baits

that shiner is sweet! but then all his baits are a work of art,almost to pretty,but by the time they are broke in,well lets just say the more beat up the more likely it is to to be the one to go on my line. i'm not a collector i'm a user.
    Andy Myers Lodge
    Steve Herbeck

i hope someone hangs a hog this year during the week i'm there ... doesn't matter who, just seems there's a really cool feeling around camp when a pig is caught ... over the past 14 or so years i've fished Canadian waters i remember a couple ... the one in particular was the one Cory got down the West Arm and the video made it a pretty cool experience for everyone that week.

i've seen her ... she's deep, wide, yellow and came out of the weeds ... holy crap!!! ... can't wait to get back on that water!!!