www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Thanks Ranger Rick.....

Default Thanks Ranger Rick.....

I as well am coming up the second week of June and always make my way to your shop. In fact two years ago a fella at your shop gave me some advice on a lure choice that landed me my second Musky of the trip. I was wondering.....would night fishing that time of year be worth trying or is that a later season option? If I can pick your brain one more time is topwater a decent option that time as well. I have had luck with topwaters that time of year but I had someone tell me once that it's not a great option. I appreciate any info. Still a relative new comer to the sport even though I have been fishing for them since I was a kid. One or two trips a year is not cutting it....lol. Thanks again

Angler29,

That is great to hear about your second musky...all of us at the shop are always happy to hear when our customers have success...its what makes this job so much fun!

I'll chime in on the topic and Rick will too.

Early season night fishing can be great and I think you will have success night fishing for muskies all throughout the entire season. On some of our more pressured waters the "night-bite" really picks up toward July during peak boat traffic and angling pressure but again, night fishing is a great way to catch muskies regardless of the time of year.

Best lures? I'm sure everyone has their favorites... I have done my best on sub-surface lures like deep / shallow diving crankbaits, bucktails and even plastic baits like bull dawgs. You can catch them on topwater but in my own experience and through talking with other expert guides, the sub-surface presentations are generally more reliable.

Good luck and fish hard!

Chas Martin
    http://www.muskymastery.com
    Chas Martin
    Musky Mastery Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.muskymasteryguideservice.com