www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: WOW Reports from Cave Run

Default WOW Reports from Cave Run

Cave Run Lake is now 12,000 acres...LOL
    I have been fishing Cave Run for muskies since 1986 and one thing for sure is things are never the same. Right now Cave Run is higher than it has ever been and fishing is good not great but good and some days have been great. 25.5 feet above summer pool at about 62 degrees, cold and high. This past weekend the Musky Bros had a great weekend fishing with us Jarrod and Jacob had muskies up to 42 inches taken on guest rattlebait. Kyle and Stan from the midwest muskie club landed today a 49 and 43 and had 4 others on. My guys Rick and Luke a father son team from Bowling Green landed a 41 and 38 losing a couple other nice ones. These fish have been taken from all depths and baits. The biggest factor has been feeding windows very few and very short. Many guys are missing the boat be leaving when a storm comes, We have been just pulling off and waiting the storms out. I been reading alot about guys saying the rattlebait bite has burn out over the past few years because too many folks are throwing them. Keep that thought because as every year this one has been no different they have kicked asssss. The PMTT was just one here on rattlebaits and 3 of the 4 biggest fish have been taken this year on them. Don't over think this game rattlebaits have been working here for over 15 years so stick with them. However the bite for them is about to end for this year. Seems larger baits have been starting to click...Mini Medussa has taken several fish over the past week. Ill have Bob post some photos tomorrow. See ya on the water...
    Tony Grant's Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.kymuskie.com
    Web Site: http://muskiesupnorth.com

I was just wondering if anyone got out for opening day or is this lake also closed due to the conflict? Any info is appreciated.Thanks

Awesome Awesome time with all of you First time on a run with this form and was not disappointed great group of people Can’t wait till the next one Cheers with my green beer