www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Conditions

Default Conditions

Well the opener is only about 10 days away. It is looking like it could be a good opener with the late ice. Many of the bigger lakes are still holding on to the ice cover. I drove by Crescent Lake on Sunday afternoon and it was mostly covered in ice but getting pretty dark. Most of the smaller less that 500 acres or flowages have let loose of the ice. I am hoping to finally get my boat in the water this weekend for a test run and maybe check out a few crappie or perch hang outs. We are having a nice steady rain today, even though it is cold, the rain will help to quickly eat away any lingering Ice.

We have a new bait shop in town located on Lincoln street. It is nice to see one pop up as it is much needed. I stopped in there yesterday and met Jeff. He seems like a very nice guy. He is starting small but has all of the basics that you would need this time of year. Stop in and say hello and support the local business owners. I wish him the best of luck!

If you have any reports on Lake conditions feel free to post some updates.

Good Luck and I hope everyone has a great fishing season!
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service
    Web Site: http://www.hodagguideservice.com
    E-Mail Address:hodagguide@gmail.com

I drove by some lakes to include Squash, Crescent, and Boom. All of them are currently open with some areas of ice along windy shorelines still hanging on. I Most of the local lakes are open now. They do not have docks in as of yet but hopefully by next week that will be ready to go.

Scott
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service

Scott:

For those fishing more northerly locations, most of the mid-sized lakes are pretty well opened up (Minocqua, Big Arb, Big St., etc.). The large lakes are getting closer, Tom is open on the east end in Lake Tomahawk and on the NW end into the Thorofare Bay. Another week of wind and warmer temps tomorrow and next week ought to get 'er done!!!

We were up on Lake Superior last weekend and on the way back down, the Gile was open, I had heard the Turtle Flambeau was open, parts of the Mannie Chain were open, so we are almost there...

Now if I could get that vinyl for the new decking in the Lund, I could chase some panfish shortly...

Mark

Scott:

To let your peeps know, both Tom and Fence opened this weekend on Saturday. I am thinking that probably means all of the big lakes are now open meaning all of our northern water is soft again... now if todays snow would go away!!!

Mark

Thanks Mark. Always good to get info from you. Only 5 more DAYS!!! I got out crappie fishing and made sure everything was OK in the boat. Always love it when you turn the key for the first time and she starts up and just purrs!!! Can't wait until Saturday!
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service

Where on Lincoln Street is the new bait shop? I have been looking from Trig's to Walgreens and keep missing it.

It is part of the car wash located across the street from Kohls. It is small but Jeff has a small sign that he puts out. He said that if towing a boat people can park between the shop and the quick Lube. he owns both so he was good with it.
    Scott Biscobing
    Hodag Guide Service