www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: This Spring Should Be Good,,,,

Default This Spring Should Be Good,,,,

For 31 years I have kept track of when the ice left the lakes. I'm happy to say that the later the ice leaves the lakes the better the fishing is for walleye, and all the other species as long as the water temperatures continue to climb on a reasonable basis.

If we get extreme heat early.... it will be bad. If we get extreme cold for a long period of time.... it will be bad. Slow progressive warming in our waters is the key to a positive fishing experience.

Some of the best fishing springtime periods have come when the ice leaves the lakes the week of April 23rd,,,,,which it is doing this year.

Last season the ice was out in late March and the walleyes were in the weeds on opening day. Fishing was difficult at the middle of June due to high water temperatures and very high weed development for that time of year.

This year, if all goes normally,,, we should have a great early season fishing experience.

See you up north at Guides Choice Pro Shop!

Ranger Rick
    "Ranger" Rick Krueger
    Guide's Choice Pro Shop
    Web Site: http://www.guideschoiceproshop.com

Default smallie trip

My friends and I are planning to do some spring smallie fishing. We are going to be on the chain may 16 to the 21st. Do you feel this will be a good time for smallies or should we try or hand at other species. Trip dates are set in stone.
    Thanks