www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: New addict

Default New addict

New to the site and to muskie fishing. Actually have only really been twice and have been lucky enough to boat two fish. The first one was 41 inches and the second one was 39. I have been fishing in one of the lakes in southern indiana but will be headed to the north webster area the last weekend in May. My qestion is, is that normally a good time to be up there or should I shoot for a different time?

That should be a fine time to go. Expect to see a crowd compared to your Southern fishing. The public ramp at Webster/Backwater fills up early, do not park on the road.

It has been super quiet down here. Have not seen more than two other boats on the water at any given time.

pvbooner,

Do you like punishment? The lakes will have a few anglers on them but the last weekend in May is Memorial Day Weekend. Expect to see 3 boats in EVERY direction you look. If I were you I would come the weekend before or the weekend after. Just MHO.
    Vince Weirick

Did not even think about that. Was planning that weekend because it is a three day weekend but might have to change plans. By the way how has the fishing been up there. I went last night after the storm and my brother in law had one follow but he was messing around standing on the bank while we launched the boat and it is kind of hard to do a figure 8 while standing on the bank. I hooked a decent one, probably high thirties low forties and lost it at the boat because of a small dip net. This muskie fishing is an absolute blast!!!!!!