www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fox Chain 4-23-11

Default Fox Chain 4-23-11

Fished the Fox Chain Ironman Musky Tournament today with my good friend Rich Gallagher (The Big Goomba). Needless to say we had a hoot fishing together again as it has been many years since we shared a boat on the Chain today for a day. The tournament had about 22 boats and NO LEGAL muskies were caught. Water temps were in the mid-40', water levels on the rise due to recent rains and very little weed growth. Muskies have yet to spawn and so the saga continues with spring conditions. We are now easily 3.5 weeks behind on fishing conditions. It will be interesting to see what transpires for next weeks FRV Spring Tournament on the Fox Chain and what the month of May has to throw at us. Until next time, keep the faith and keep fishing when you can!
    Phil Gutmann
    www.muske62.com

Default Fox chain

The chain has been brutal so far this year. I have only had one fish come take a look. I am hoping we get a few nice warm days in a row soon. Is this the latest you can remember the lake being this cool.

I have had numerous people ask me this very question about the conditions we have been experiencing this year. I actually had to go back into my old fishing log books and can honestly tell you it has been over 20 years since conditions like this were present (late 80's/early 90's).

Even as tough as it is, this is a LEARNING experience and it should be noted as such. Catching fish is a bonus; learning is for a lifetime!
    Phil Gutmann
    www.muske62.com

Default Weather

It is interesting to day the least. I believe difficult conditionsake you a better angler. It also makes you think more and i have incorporated a few new maps that illustrate flow of the lakes and seasonal changes.