www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lvd 4/22

Default Lvd 4/22

The 2 photos show where the ice is as of noon 4/22/11. With the south wind since yesterday, it has moved back toward our shore atleast 100 yds. with the main body of the lake still open. All bays are still covered. The one photo, looking toward Misery Bay, shows where the level is currently, and if you look closely, where the sand is heaved up, that is where the level was last Sept. So the level is down approx. 12" since last fall, and hopefully will recover when we get some rain to replenish the watershed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice 4-22-11 001.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	13099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ice 4-22-11 005.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	13100  
    Wind Drift Resort
    on beautiful Lac Vieux Desert
    Web Site: http://www.winddriftresort.com
    E-Mail: info@winddriftresort.com

Dave,
    When you say the level is down 12" from last September, what is that level in relationship to last June? Is it about the same as June, less or more?

It's about the same as last June at present. All the heavy rain is currently falling south of here. The ice went out completely as of yesterday Apr. 26. Now will be putting in docks this Fri.-Sat. and hoping for 6" rain after that.
    Wind Drift Resort
    on beautiful Lac Vieux Desert
    Web Site: http://www.winddriftresort.com
    E-Mail: info@winddriftresort.com

I'll have my fingers crossed for you... It'll make navigation a bit easier with a bit more water. See you in 6 weeks!!!

Any update Dave? Water levels and weed growth? I've been listening to RFRG radio and I know the weeds are behind last years growth (and I'm not complaining), but I haven't heard about the water levels. I know there's been storms up that way, but I don't know about that far north. Two weeks!!!

Jeremy:

I am a bettin' that you are going to very happy with the water levels this year. I know the Rainbow is full and they usually wait until the lakes upstream are pretty full before they let water get that far. I may be wrong, but not by a lot!!! Hope to see you this year while you are in town!!!

Travel safe on your trip to the Northwoods!!!

Mark

Thanks Mark! Stop by the radio show on either June 12th or 19th and you can meet the whole Hopland "clan"...

Jeremy:

Thanks I'd like that, maybe even Ocifer Kevin and the weather minion will be around!!!

Mark

I'm pretty sure Kevin will be there for the show on the 19th, as I'm fishing with him on the 17th and I know he has that weekend off. Maybe we need to plan a pre-show fish-fry or something? Pete, Matt, Mat - what do you say?

Jeremy:

I am actually going to be in FL for a wedding reception and a side of tarpon fishing that Friday and Monday!!! Its always something...

Mark