www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Weather radios

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Smile Larry/Rita on the radio

Larry/Rita are in a short piece on WTMJ-AM .Its about severe weather and weather radio.Helluva way to be media stars LOL.Think summer ,it will be here eventually!!!
    God Bless All-Bupa

Bupa, all this fame and no fortune are getting old! Seriously, last fall we did some promos for the hospitals that helped us, and respectfully turned down
    more requests over the winter because we want to put things behind us. When the National Weather Service & Wisconsin Emergency Managment system contacted us a couple of months ago for a campaign to get people to get weather radios, we figured it was worth it - burning vacation time that could have been used on the water! Now we just wanna go fishing!

See you all out there soon! Larry

Larry:

Great idea!!! She manages to do that without high speed at home as well. I run it past her this p.m. when I see her...

Mark

Smile National Weather Service

I have an inexpensive weather radio from Radio Shack and it seems to do the job for me when I am on the TFF. Just a voice model , nothing like what you can get for some of the cell phones but I like it. I also look up and get off the water when it looks bad. Tough to out run a tornado and figure out where to hide from it , good or bad electronics. Be responsible for your self, help others when you can. Have a great day.

Question

I use a BlackBerry with Verizon and a have a weather app called "Weather Bug". My son and I were on the TFF last year for a week. Called it a day early when I got a weather alert. Tore camp down and just made it off the TFF before the tornado came through. Also had my wife texting me about the storm. We have been through quite a few of the quick moving storms and typically we ride them out. Glad we decided to pack it up last year. Can't wait to return again this year!