www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Jiggin Raps on soft water?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default raps

would love to try it on the menominee BUT... I'm afraid of losing those expensive lures... i've been using odd ball jigs, when you lose one of those it only costs a couple bucks, not $7... would think that the raps would work great... maybe if you jigged under your bow mount locator and kept it off the bottom you wouldn't lose any... want to try it, but i've got to work up the nerve!!!

Default Ice presentations - open water

Friends and I have used jig Raps (and other winter tactics) many times in open water. We use high-tech style line - especially Spiderwire - tied directly to the lure to help reduce snag losses. Works for perch on the bay as well.

Another great presentation is a Swedish Pimple in open water. A modification that works especially well is to remove the treble hook and replace it with a Northland Tackle single hook stinger which is available in a 2" length with a clip on one end and a single hook. This short stinger allows the bait to swing away from the lure when the fish inhales it, without moving the entire lure. Results are better hook-ups and usually, more fish. The pimple is both an attractor and a weight. I really like anchoring over deep water perch with this rig.

Default clean sweep

There is a great article in the april issue of North American Fisherman by Al Lindner. He describes how to use a sweeping method in deeper water over 20ft really interesting definatly gonna give it a try already loaded my summer tackle boxes with the #9 raps that hammered the eyes this winter. Best part about it is you don't need bait!