Hi Folks!Well it's time for another periodic update.
First,the Operation Muskie Auction is off and running and,WOW,are there goodies available ranging from tackle to dream vacations.Please check it out.See the 'Sticky' above for site and auction information.
Next,Pam Best our Treasurer assures us that as of today we have restored our PayPal account and now your online payment solution for donations or auction items is again available.
Rods and Reels for the Vets have been obtained and wait until you see what they'll be getting!Sweet is all I'll say for now.Stay tuned for more on this and other parts of the 'Vet package' each Vet will receive upon arrival.
Speaking of the Vets,we are happy to announce we have two female Vets attending this year and we are very excited about that.
Finally there's a bit of good news for all those involved in Operation Muskie.A tired,gruff and difficult old man is retiring as of April 1st.Yep,I'm throwing in the towel and letting others act important for awhile.There is no specific physical or mental reason(although a senility argument could be constructed I suspect),it's just that I feel it's time.The 'Operation' is in good hands and will soar on,higher and better I suspect.My wife Betsy is staying on as Secretary so hopefully I'll have an ear as to whats going on.Not an easy thing to do but I believe the right thing.
Bear with an old man a minute here cause I have a few things I want to say.First words honestly can't express the joy and satisfaction being involved with this 'operation' and all the Vets has given me.Rewards of the heart greater than any medal.
Some 'thank you's' are in order.First Frank and Laura.What can I say beyond thanks.Words don't suffice.Salt of the earth.
Doug J?Well old buddy,'we done good' in my opinion.Thanks much to you and Vonnie!
Bets?As usual,without you I accomplish little.Thanks for always being there.
I get to damn emotional so rather than forget someone let me thank Brett M,Diana K,Pam B,Mike W,Chris G,Jeff W,Scott H,Jake,Deb and her boat the Redhead,ALL the GREAT guides and all others who have donated their time and effort pulling off each and every Op M.
Special thanks to all sponsors,donators,contributors and other supporters-obviously it doesn't happen without you.
Finally and most importantly,THANKS to all Vets-past,present and future.We exist and flourish only because of your service.God I love you.God bless you!
Good fishing and hope to see you all on the water!
Dick