www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: April 9th. show

Thumbs down April 9th. show

I was very disturbed watching the show this week at your returning a fish to the water that was hemmoraging badly from the gills. One thing I learned at a very young age, is that a fish that is bleeding from the gills is a dead fish. Your guide made several attempts to wash blood away, but it was evident that that fish was doomed. I especially was repulsed by his statement as he shoved the fish back down the hole, that this was a healthy fish and "woud live to fight another day." The fish should have been kept and eaten.

Yeah, I saw that... One of the guys said that it was mud that the fish had gotten all over himself!?!?!?! That whole sequence was a little bizzare and didn't quite understand that either...

BPM
    More lunker bass coming to a website near you...

I did not see the show or even know what kind of fish it was but to say that a fish won't survive bleeding from the gills is just plain not true. I have caught pike with gills hanging out of them that were light pink and void of blood. Old injuries. Muskies too. Being cold water plays into the fish's favor even more.