www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2011 Season Begins - First Trip On The Water - April 9

Default 2011 Season Begins - First Trip On The Water - April 9

A real nice initial excursion on the water for 2011.

Cleared the lighthouse about 10.45am and barely kicked up the engines before lowering em back down, put one in neutral and shut it off to set lines on a left-hand turn out of the harbor.

We trolled up a little past the power plant in 15-20 feet. Caught a few and lost a couple. The pass back south was more steady between 10-15 feet of water.

Made a few more passes but the boat traffic heated up and the action slowed down. We called it a good initial outing for 2011 at about 3pm - a pretty short time on the water actually - with 13 in the box and missing and losing another 5 or so. 11 Coho Salmon and 2 Browns Trout.

I was pleased that some of the new fly patterns I tied over the offseason took about 3/4 of the fish. I will be tying quite a few more later today as well as some other new patterns I thought of on the water yesterday.

So the 2011 season begins and like last season, the fish are here early. Plenty of weekday slots remain available but weekends are more limited and are being steadily reserved. Be sure to check out the 2 and 3 person rate specials this season for weekdays Monday-Thursday. $150/person for two people and $140 a person for three person groups for 5-hour trips, morning or afternoon.

Thanks for reading. It's good to be back on the water fishing again!
    Capt Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4-9-11.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	147.3 KB 
ID:	12962  
    Captain Rick Bentley
    Windycitysalmon
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/windycitysalmon