www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Current Water Level

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Current Water Level

In case anyone who likes their lower units is interested, the Flowage level as of yesterday was 1568.35. Hope you get some rain up there before the opener! Best fishes anyway!

Default very wise

a very wise man told me this year... "if the flowage is low, we go very slow"

looks like a couple of storms blew thru there last night. get any significant rain?

Default TFF Water Levels

I took a ride to Fisherman's Landing this AM and the level looked to be up a foot or so compared to what it was a couple of weeks ago. All the stumps that were sticking out are now underwater and the shoreline is open about ten yards out. Not sure on the amount of rain we received from last nights storm, but the rivers and streams are full and more rain is predicted for the up coming days.
    Don Pemble

Default Water Level

Excel had the level up to 1568.96 and discharge at the dam is 314 cfs. Thats up just over a half inch since last week, as of 4/11/11.

The reduction in outflow was very noticeable downstream in Park Falls on my last couple trips. The Chippewa along Hwy. 70 was the same situation - high flows this winter and very low in recent weeks. I think that with all the snow further south, they were probably trying to make sure they had room to hold back water in the north this spring to avoid adding to the flooding downstream.

Turtle-Flambeau Flowage, Butternut,Wisconsin

Thumbs up Water Level

Nick, The water level has actually come up .80 feet since your post on Friday, April 8th, 2011, which translates to 9.6 inches. This is definitely a good thing!

Water level is at 1570.25 and rising. Full pool is 1572.That's good news. This is as of yesterday 4-20-11. Only 16 days and we'll be experiencing the beautiful TFF AGAIN. Good luck everyone and have fun.

Default New Xcel Energy Link