In 2009...the ice went out on area lakes around May 3rd and the Walleye Opener was May 8th. Surface water temp was 32 degrees. Five days between the ice out and the opener.

In 2010...the ice went out around now...April 4th....said to be the earliest ice out in 75 years of recorded history here. The Walleye Opener was May 15th. Surface water temps were around 50 degrees. There was 40 days between the ice out and the opener.

"Normal" ice out, for this area...is said to be around April 20-30.

There is still enough ice out there today to support some brave ice fishing enthusiasts but not enough for vehicles. Warm air is entering the area. Debbie and I looked at Lake Bemidji today, as well as Andrusia Lake. Still quite a bit of ice.

My best guess is....we'll have ice on the lakes until around April 25th. Once the ice goes out, I should know the current temp every day.

All of our eleven cabins are booked for the Walleye Opener and reservations are real good for all of 2011. We still have openings and I'd like to hear from you. I'm here to help. I want to help Walleye Anglers do even better....I want to help Kids catch lots of fish and have lots of fun....and I want to help some non-fishing parents see their own kids catching and often handling and releasing their own fish from our docks.

In December, January, February and March...we enjoyed winter time guests who were all smiles in warm and cozy Cabin # 11. We had several Ice Fishing Groups, a few snowmobiling groups, a couple of work groups and a Wedding Party! Please consider big Cabin # 11 for your group of up to 19 people any time, all year round.

We're just 40 days away from the Walleye Opener!

I'll start writing more fishing reports now.

Thank You.