www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2 Walleye Bag limit on Flowage for 2011

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default walleye limit

I think the guides/resorts should focus more on multi species fishing.The walleye is a great eater but a boring fighter.Why not focus on the fighting smallies or numerous pike?I live in southeastern wisconsin and find the promotion of the TFF to be lacking!If you want to bring back tourism(money)you have to do a better job of promoting the re sources you have its NOT just walleyes.What about the beauty and serenity of the area?The wonderful camping?The nice people and great resorts.From what i see some places need to make their prices more reasonable.This isn't a boom time for vacationers.The sooner people realize they may have to make changes to draw tourists the better for your economy!600 or 700 dollars for a week is not going to draw people.I have looked at some places availability charts and they look pretty sad!As much as some people are resistant to change you must adapt or you could fail.Just some thoughts from an "outsider " who loves the TFF.
    Good luck and God bless all, Bob S.

bupa:

It is a double edged sword and, without considering any one's rates, I would consider $600-$700 rates for a week to very reasonable!!! More marketing may be necessary, but you can't operate and not cover expenses. Those rates sound like the same for the last ten years???

Mark

i spend a couple of weeks a year over by Hayward. 600 bucks a week for a cabin is a steal compared to over there. i, for one, am glad it's not like Hayward by the TFF. not a ton of other things to do but fish but I like it.

Default Wow!

Wow Bupa... I am trying to figure out what one of your many wrong remarks to start with.
    From the top:
    1) The guides/resorts need to focus on multi species... As guides and resorts, we focus on what customers want. Not what we tell them they should want. Many people love to fish for bass, some for panfish and some for muskies. Most people who come here and want a meal, want a limit of walleye. I am sure Don can back that up. We are as multi species as we can get!! If fishermen are allowed fewer and fewer walleye, then they will find other places to go to catch them where they are allowed more. Maybe not all, but a percentage. In this economy, we can not afford to let another percentage get away, for any reason.
    2) You find the promotion of the TFF to be lacking... I call bull on this one too. We have ads in multiple magazines, emails are sent out by the hundreds by the chamber. We attended at least 5 different sport shows earlier this year. Go to one. You will see us there. We DO NOT promote one business or one kind of fish. We promote everything we have!!! What do most people want to know about... Walleye, Bass and panfish.. A bigger percentage for muskies all of the time. We promote the hell out of the camping, the restaurants, the lodging, the nice people and the true beauty of the area.
    3) The one that truely pisses me off. From what you see, some of us need to make our prices more reasonable... WHAT??? In our area, we have lodging available from 450ish a week to a couple thousand a week. We cover the entire spectrum. Again, at the shows we promote ALL of them. Who in the hell do you think you are to try to tell someone up here to drop their prices?!? The people who have lodging here already have to worry about people cancelling because of job loss, gas prices, poor economy in general and now a 2 walleye limit. We have mortgages to pay, an ever rising gas and electric bill, taxes, advertising and always more upkeep. You want us to lower prices? GET A CLUE!!! We are as inexpensive as we can get!! How much would you like us to drop the rates BOB?? Make everything 300 a week and see how long we last?!? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!
    We have adapted a hundred times and will never be able to adapt enough to satisfy the people who are never happy and who think they can always do it better and want it cheaper.
    Next time you decide to make a comment, how about if you have a clue as to what you are talking about or just keep your mouth shut.

You said it perfect. I'd like to see him run a resort run for $300/week
    Matt

Default Wow

Hey ORR,

Why did you go so easy on Bupa, let him know how you really feel. Good job anyway.
    Don Pemble

Smile walleye limit

Wow! Sorry i opened a can of whoop ass.I didnt mean any harm just suggestions.I love the tff as much as anyone!!!I dont think i deserved the NASTY replys i got.Did i hit a nerve or what? I humbly ask your forgiveness!I wonder if i was right on some of comments judgiing from some of the vitriollic responses i got. Once again i am sorry.
    God bless all,Bob S.
    P.S. Mark and Kid thanks for your nicer replys.