www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Wolf River Walleyes

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default April 2,4,5,6 2011

Well the wolf is ice free and producing good numbers of walleyes.

The bite has been pretty consistant through out the last few days with limits being caught on most of the trips.
    Been catching fish anchored on current break lines and back flow eddies. Been using 1/4oz jigs tipped with minnow and stringer hooks. Casting up current and dragging jig back has been producing the best for me while anchored.
    Also have been catching alot of fish drifting the current lines, finding small schools of fish that are very eager to bite you just have to stay on them since they are on the move. It makes for some really short drifts. Drifting I have been using 1/4oz to 3/8oz jigs depending on the current. Yesterday was the first day that I just drifted, started the day at 7am and was finished by 11:30am with 17 walleyes and a nice catfish.

Stringer hooks are a must with 99.9% being caught on them. I also caught a good number on artificial minnows.

If you want to get in some really exciting fast action river fishing give me a call!!!! 715-304-9089. Open dates are filling fast!!!!

Good Luck
    Josh Heling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolf eyes1.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	12933  
    Josh Heling Fishing Guide Service
    W7258 Belle Plaine Ave.
    Shawano, WI 54166
    Cell Phone: 715-304-9089
    Web Site: http://www.joshheling.com