Fishing was pretty good to say the least at the end of last week through the weekend. The were a lot of fish in the system on their way up to spawn. The hard part was finding schools of active fish; once you found active fish we were catching them pretty steady.

Most of the fish were caught drift with a couple caught while anchored. We were using 1/4oz jigs tipped with minnow, stringer are still a must!! I also caught a number of fish on a power bait and gulp minnows. I prefer the power bait minnow because it seems to have more flash. We were drifting slower current breaks/eddies and keeping the boat in 5fow-9fow seemed to be the best.

As of Friday we did notice a lot of spawning activity going on in the marshes and flooded timber. We also caught a number of pre spawn females which were all released. I heard from other fisherman that they were catching post spawn females as of Saturday.

If I had to guess, I would say the peak of the spawn is here or slightly past which should make for a good weekend of fishing as the fish start to filter out of the marshes and flooded timber.

Once the fish are done spawning the bite will pick up. Fish some of the deeper current breaks and you should find fish. Also the fish should be hitting crawlers pretty good once they are done spawning to. Using crawlers is a lot nicer than trying to keep minnows alive in 80 Degree weather.

The best fishing is still to come, once the fish finish spawning they put on a feed bag making for some awesome fishing.

Good Luck and Be Safe on the Water!

Still booking trips, Call for availability:
Cell: 715-304-9089

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye 007 web.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	15997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Fishing 002 web.jpg 
Views:	516 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	15998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Fishing 004 web.jpg 
Views:	493 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	15999Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Fishing 005 web.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	16000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Fishing 006 web.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	16001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye 006 web.jpg 
Views:	506 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	16002