www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Wolf River Walleyes

Default Wolf River Walleyes

Well just like most of you I am itching to get out and do some open water fishing. I got back from a family vacation about a week and half ago and thought I would be hitting the wolf by this past weekend. Well, mother nature thought different!

Anyways it looks like we will be in for a later ice out this year than years in the past. I took a drive down to New London this weekend and everything looked pretty tight. Some rain would really move things along! I would be shocked if you could get out this weekend, but we all can hope for the best.

With that being said I had to move some of my scheduled guide dates, so I will book up faster this year than years in the past. If you want to get in on some outstanding river fishing call NOW!!! To book your trip!!!

Call: 715-304-9089 to book and check availability!!!

P.S. I am always open to emails of any question you might have about river fishing, or anything else that might come up. So feel free to shoot me an email and I will do my best to get back to you ASAP!!

Good Luck
    Josh Heling
    Josh Heling Fishing Guide Service
    W7258 Belle Plaine Ave.
    Shawano, WI 54166
    Cell Phone: 715-304-9089
    Web Site: http://www.joshheling.com

Default April 2,4,5,6 2011

Well the wolf is ice free and producing good numbers of walleyes.

The bite has been pretty consistant through out the last few days with limits being caught on most of the trips.
    Been catching fish anchored on current break lines and back flow eddies. Been using 1/4oz jigs tipped with minnow and stringer hooks. Casting up current and dragging jig back has been producing the best for me while anchored.
    Also have been catching alot of fish drifting the current lines, finding small schools of fish that are very eager to bite you just have to stay on them since they are on the move. It makes for some really short drifts. Drifting I have been using 1/4oz to 3/8oz jigs depending on the current. Yesterday was the first day that I just drifted, started the day at 7am and was finished by 11:30am with 17 walleyes and a nice catfish.

Stringer hooks are a must with 99.9% being caught on them. I also caught a good number on artificial minnows.

If you want to get in some really exciting fast action river fishing give me a call!!!! 715-304-9089. Open dates are filling fast!!!!

Good Luck
    Josh Heling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wolf eyes1.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	50.9 KB 
ID:	12933  
    W7258 Belle Plaine Ave.
    Shawano, WI 54166

Thumbs up Outstanding Day

Fished with Josh Heling Guide Service yesterday and we caught lots of walleyes and at big catfish!!! It was a great experience, he kept me right on top of the fish. Could'nt ask for anything more, I caught my limit of walleyes(first time ever) and were off the water by a little after noon. Thanks Josh for a great trip!!!!!

Default Hot bite walleyes!!!

Fishing has been nothing less than spectacular the last week and half fishing from New London down to Cable Crossing.
    With the middle part of April being a little up and down with fishing kinda like our weather, but in return the last 6 days have been outstanding with limits being caught with very little time on the water.
    Slipping the river while vertical jigging 3/8oz jigs tipped with Shiner,Gulp, and Nightcrawlers all have been working depending on the day. It seems once the water warms up we have been catching more on crawlers than any other bait. Also once the water warms up to around mid 50's to upper 50's try casting shad raps and flickers shad up shallow in the early morning and evening

Still have some opening for the river, but dates are booking up and the run is coming to an end so give me a call to book a river fishing trip of a lifetime. 715-304-9089

Attached is a few of my own pictures for early this week with my daughter!!

Good Luck
    Josh Heling
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye 005.jpg 
Views:	411 
Size:	181.4 KB 
ID:	13139   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye 006.jpg 
Views:	377 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	13140   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye 003.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	129.5 KB 
ID:	13141  
    W7258 Belle Plaine Ave.
    Shawano, WI 54166

Default lots of "eaters"

Fished Fremont area the last 3 days with great success, males 14-16inch numerous with some 17-20inch in the mix. Vertical jigging 3/8 ounce jigs with half a crawler best, but also try dragging crawlers on 1/16 or 1/8oz jigs, this works great on straight sandbar areas with "dunes". Josh will put you on the fish!

Default wolf river Eyes

Well the fishing remains outstanding to say the least with limits plus being caught on most trips. 1/4oz to 3/8oz jigs with half crawlers has been outfishing any other presentation. Been vertical jigging, pitching, and dragging crawlers like Zeener had in the last post.
    Fish have been holding close to shore structure (wood,rock,grass), early in the day and moving to deeper cuts once the boat traffic begins.

My wolf river trips are coming to an end, and what a spring run it has been. This fishery is just outstanding.

I still will be doing a few more trips down river so if you are wanting to get in on some fast walleye action, give me a call to see if I have any more openings

Good Luck and Stay Safe!!
    Josh Heling
    W7258 Belle Plaine Ave.
    Shawano, WI 54166

Default March 14th-March 20th

Fishing was pretty good to say the least at the end of last week through the weekend. The were a lot of fish in the system on their way up to spawn. The hard part was finding schools of active fish; once you found active fish we were catching them pretty steady.

Most of the fish were caught drift with a couple caught while anchored. We were using 1/4oz jigs tipped with minnow, stringer are still a must!! I also caught a number of fish on a power bait and gulp minnows. I prefer the power bait minnow because it seems to have more flash. We were drifting slower current breaks/eddies and keeping the boat in 5fow-9fow seemed to be the best.

As of Friday we did notice a lot of spawning activity going on in the marshes and flooded timber. We also caught a number of pre spawn females which were all released. I heard from other fisherman that they were catching post spawn females as of Saturday.

If I had to guess, I would say the peak of the spawn is here or slightly past which should make for a good weekend of fishing as the fish start to filter out of the marshes and flooded timber.

Once the fish are done spawning the bite will pick up. Fish some of the deeper current breaks and you should find fish. Also the fish should be hitting crawlers pretty good once they are done spawning to. Using crawlers is a lot nicer than trying to keep minnows alive in 80 Degree weather.

The best fishing is still to come, once the fish finish spawning they put on a feed bag making for some awesome fishing.

Good Luck and Be Safe on the Water!

Still booking trips, Call for availability:
    Cell: 715-304-9089

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye 007 web.jpg 
Views:	473 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	15997Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Fishing 002 web.jpg 
Views:	488 
Size:	175.3 KB 
ID:	15998Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Fishing 004 web.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	193.4 KB 
ID:	15999Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Fishing 005 web.jpg 
Views:	515 
Size:	66.5 KB 
ID:	16000Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wolf Fishing 006 web.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	16001Click image for larger version. 

Name:	walleye 006 web.jpg 
Views:	467 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	16002
    W7258 Belle Plaine Ave.
    Shawano, WI 54166