www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Anyone still fishing the bay for perch?

Default Anyone still fishing the bay for perch?

I'd be interested in hearing updated ice reports as we go through the next week or so. I'm hoping to get out and do some perch fishing yet. The ice conditions will change fast this time of year, though.

Default perch

Hey ! Yoopertroll , I went out this morning and fished 3 diffrent locations on the north end and caught 8 nice fat 10-13" perch . Most of the action was in the east corner by garth pt. in 19ft also the mud flat in front of vagabond area in 32ft. I would deffinetly wear waterproof boots and if possible a rain suit i was soaked when i got back to shore. Fished for approx. 4hrs came in at 1pm , most of the action was on a single hooked perch rig w/ a pink bead near the hook and a bell sinker on the bottom. Also had bites on wigglers too but were small one's.

Thanks for the update. You accessing the bay from 513 or from the Kipling area? At this point I'm done trying to drive out on the bay...I'll be walking, so if I go in from either of the yellow gates I know I won't be hoofing it all the way over to the east bank. Might try accessing the bay from Vagabond and go that route.

Sat. eve I caught 8 perch all 9"+ just a hundred yards past Butlers Island in 6 ft of water. Sunday morning caught two walleye and a pike (threw them back of course). Ice was still good, a couple four-wheelers went by me this morning fishing the same location. Only caught a couple perch this morning though.

Thanks for the update. I might try to walk out on the upper bay this weekend by the second yellow gate. We'll see what this storm does to things here, though.

Wouldn't mind making a last trip to Groveland, either.