www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: " Super Moon "

Default " Super Moon "

This Saturday they are calling for a " super " moon. As close as it ever gets almost to the earth. Strong tides are predicted. So do you guys think this could be an exceptional time to fish ? Moon rise is at 7:27 pm Saturday i read, have to check if that's correct. Looks like a fishing outing is in store to find out if the fish are biting Saturday evening.

Cant hurt, in the past year i have noticed more fish than normal being caught around moon rise and set.

Go get them, i also will try to get out hopefully in a boat this weekend. Good luck

I read about the "super moon" on Saturday too. I already told the wife to not include me in her plans for Saturday...lol.

7:52 pm Saturday moon rise according to MH site. 6:34 pm today. This warmer weather has to help too. I would think the shallower water should be a few degrees warmer. I'll be throwing later today and tomorrow as i have my eye on an usually productive eddy. GL if you guys make it out and be safe out there.

Default Moon / High Water

I'm not sure if the moon is going to matter this weekend.When I drove past the river yesterday going to Warren,PA it was up in the porches of some of the cottages.They must be dumping large volumes out of the bottom of the dam.Water did have a green tint that looked good,but it was ripping.
    Seen one kyaker fishing,looked like a heavy duty rod in his hand.I went to Dr. Dave's office and got a few things cut off my face that may have later turned to skin cancer.Make sure you use that sun block while on the water this year or you may end up under the knife as well.

Capt. Larry
    Mostly Muskies Charters & Guide Service
    Captain Larry Jones

Web Site: http://www.mostlymuskies.com

Super cold front trumps Super moon. Rivers were the way to go yesterday, they're not as affected. But then you have to deal with the water levels.

Well, how did the "super moon" treat everyone??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Dad and I hit the water for the first time of the year yesterday. We fished in OH. Got our first fish as soon as we started. I only had 3 of the 4 rods in the water. Fastest start to the season, ever. We had literally only trolled about 100yds. That fish was 36.5". We ended up getting two more smaller ones and lost one also. It was a nice day on the water. I think the first fish was at the end of the minor and we had zero action during the major. Water temps were 44 when we started and got as warm as 49 in the shallowest, muddiest water.

Nice going, Adam. I cannot wait to get the skunk out of my boat for 2011.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

Friday evening 3 of us went out. One buddy had one hooked but lost and missed another one later. Other 2 of us nothing. Got busy and didn't make it out Saturday. Seen several fish surface too Friday but they were not muskies.