www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Menominee River

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default update?

Hows the river lookin?
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Default Y are you still here.....

Grrrrr.... Last year we were fishing by now. In fact my biggest last year "32 1/4" came on 4-2-10... This s### is depressing...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imported Photos 00096.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	12890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imported Photos 00094.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	12891  

river is still iced from the interstate down boys. looks like another week. as soon as it frees up i would guess youll see a push from the fish very shortly after.

City DPW employee used a frontend loader to push 2 foot thick clear ice into the river, which was frozen too. Pushed so hard that he broke one of the pipes used to suppport on of the floating piers. Pipe not repaired yet. Launch bay still frozen over. Might be next week before the docks are in at Boom Landing. Weather dependent.

Default ???

wha bout the launch by nest eggg
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

Ramp at Stephenson Island is in now. Boom Landing is still out of service. Hopefully, next week temps will rise and get rid of the ice downstream from Boom Landing.

Default It can be done....

I just saw two boats putting in at Stephenson Island launch. Talked to a third guy that launched their yesterday and he said never again.. River is open pretty good out to almost the Mouth but the access is limited... Lot's of floaters and fast (shallow)water by Stephenson island but saw a seventeen lund out anchored jiggin... Wouldn't want to get tipped by big ice but to each their own.... Boom landing is still a little iced but bait shop said DPW will put in the left side dock sometime in the coming week.. Right side dock upright still needs fixing.... I will wait a few days yet I think. That fast shallow water with lots of floaters dont look good to me alone.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0110.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	12912  

its open. there are fish in the channel, but nothing serious or upriver yet.. should push this week hopefully

Was up there yesterday visiting my Dad. Mouth of the river was open but the bay is still iced up. The launch at River mouth still needs to get plowed out. It won't be long now...