www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Menominee River

Question Menominee River

It might be a little early, but does anyone know the ice conditions on the Menominee river and the mouth of it?

Waiting to sit in a boat seat instead of a bucket..

Thnaks Travis

ice is still here, but it is gonna go fast. ill bet shes open by the beginning of next week.

Smile

Thanks, if you think about it let us know on here when its freed up

Thanks again

Travis

i certaintly will

Think people are on the fox in depere.Saw some boats on 41 last weekend.
    KEEP THE SLOT ON BAY DE NOC

ice is still in on men. mouth and peshtigo mouth. with these temp, its gonna go fast. ill be checking everyday and will try to post daily. the fox is open and there are alot of boats in the river and people are catching fish.

Default Gettin dark....

Lots of guys fishin Menominee by the dam and Hattie street bridge with mixed results. As stated the rest of the river is iced pretty good. A breaker came in a few weeks ago so it is broke up but, the bay is still iced in so no where to go with it. As tip said it wont be long it is black and thin so let it rain a little and we will be waitin at the landing with smiles......

Default Fox in DePere

There were over 100 boats on the Fox last Sunday March 13th. I was headed to Bago to hit the ice one last time.

I will be on it this Saturday. Don't let the number of boats keep you away, there are lots of spots farther down river that don't get that kind of pressure. Not as many fish but better quality and less stress.

its open from the dam to the 41 bridge.

Default Boats?

I've only been here once...isn't the Marinette city launch upriver from the 41 bridge...does this mean we can put a boat in?

you could. but the fish are not there. they are out deep by the mouth still.

a buddy of mine went out sat. with no success. last time i checked it was open from the dam to the boom landing but word is that boom landing is damaged. will post more when i know more.

Angry boat ramp

sounds like a loader broke off something that holds the ramp in place!? nobody seems to know when it will be fixed... an ice breaker came in last week up to marinette marine, so that should help get the ice out... after this foot of snow melts!!!!.. looks like with the cold weather predicted, it will be a week or more before you can even get out on the main river to fish... 19 pointer

Default update?

Hows the river lookin?

Default Y are you still here.....

Grrrrr.... Last year we were fishing by now. In fact my biggest last year "32 1/4" came on 4-2-10... This s### is depressing...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imported Photos 00096.jpg 
Views:	172 
Size:	195.7 KB 
ID:	12890   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imported Photos 00094.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	12891  

river is still iced from the interstate down boys. looks like another week. as soon as it frees up i would guess youll see a push from the fish very shortly after.

City DPW employee used a frontend loader to push 2 foot thick clear ice into the river, which was frozen too. Pushed so hard that he broke one of the pipes used to suppport on of the floating piers. Pipe not repaired yet. Launch bay still frozen over. Might be next week before the docks are in at Boom Landing. Weather dependent.

Default ???

wha bout the launch by nest eggg

Ramp at Stephenson Island is in now. Boom Landing is still out of service. Hopefully, next week temps will rise and get rid of the ice downstream from Boom Landing.

Default It can be done....

I just saw two boats putting in at Stephenson Island launch. Talked to a third guy that launched their yesterday and he said never again.. River is open pretty good out to almost the Mouth but the access is limited... Lot's of floaters and fast (shallow)water by Stephenson island but saw a seventeen lund out anchored jiggin... Wouldn't want to get tipped by big ice but to each their own.... Boom landing is still a little iced but bait shop said DPW will put in the left side dock sometime in the coming week.. Right side dock upright still needs fixing.... I will wait a few days yet I think. That fast shallow water with lots of floaters dont look good to me alone.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG0110.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	12912  

its open. there are fish in the channel, but nothing serious or upriver yet.. should push this week hopefully

Was up there yesterday visiting my Dad. Mouth of the river was open but the bay is still iced up. The launch at River mouth still needs to get plowed out. It won't be long now...

Talking too early

was out today.. 2 fish in 4 hrs... see a few caught.. water was 35... need some rain to get the current going... crew was working on the broken pipe at boom landing...fish were in 24' ..felt great to get out in the boat!!!

Second floating pier is now in and the ramp is wide open. Thanks to the contractor who worked hard to correct the problem before the weekend! It will be a busy weekend with the warm weather.

Fishing is still slow, but picking up a couple near the mouth.