www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Landing a fish

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I see your point about CPR, stress, and the fish swimming away faster. Do you think it's stressfull for the fish thrashing in the net with the bait in it's mouth - hooked up with the net? Of coarse this could possibly happen with a played out fish as well. I think the most important thing is to take a quick photo, and limit the time the fish is out of its element. Sometimes fish come into the net quickly for me, as long as they are on top of the water and I am leading them in the direction I want. If not, I play them out a bit more. I have never had a problem with them swimming away. Just my thoughts.

Gentlemen:

I would tend to believe that fish in the net will settle down just as fast or faster as the played out fish. Things are always going to happen to fish in the net. Hooks can be set in places that will kill a fish with out intent, fins will be split, slime taken off, net marks (x's) showing on the fish, etc. Not trying to be callous, but as with lots of things, too much of the Monday a.m. quarterback here I think... All the shows are advertising, some better at sneaking it in than others...

As in all things, there are good things and bad things, its best to evaluate and take the good things with ya!!!

Mark

I agree Mark. Just get the fish in the net and most of the time things go just fine. It's still just fishing though and to overthink the fact that you are ramming a big hook through a fish's face and expect nothing negative to ever happen just doesn't work. Try to play it safe and if something goes wrong make the most of the situation.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com