www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Set back laws

Default Set back laws

Just wondering If someone could tell me where I can find zoning laws and what not for springstead. Blue if figured you might know where to look or have a link. Thinking about building a cabin on an island not sure if it's big enough. Might have to just build an ice shack and pull it ashore for summer. Any help would be great. Oh ya, fishing was awesome last weekend lots of walleye and big dumb bass. Even a low 30s musky.

Default Iron County Zoning Laws

Check here for zoning rules for Iron County.

http://www.co.iron.wi.gov/docs_by_ca...=138&locid=180

Generally speaking there is a 75' setback for all buildings from the Ordinary High Water Mark (OHWM). You also must be able to show proof that you can put in a septic system which, depending on conditions, could be an issue when building on an island.

There may be some other issues to be concerned with, your best bet may be to call the Iron County Zoning Office.

Tight Lines,

Tom502

especially the all rock ones like are on the TFF...

Mark

Thanks for the help guys. Think I'll just put my ice shack on the island for summer use, and pull it off in the winter. Mark this is on the TFF and like you said rock. Thanks again.

Default That might not fly either...

I would check with the DNR on that idea, especially if you have to do any tree and brush clearing to make a path to drag it ashore. Rules on shoreline cutting are very stringent.

DV,

Do you own an island on the TFF ????

As Blue mentioned I would be very careful about putting any type of structure on a TFF Island (other than a tent at an approved camp site).

Tight Lines,

Tom502

My Grandparents live on the TFF and own 2 full islands and half of another. I'll talk to Josh next time up. Heard he's renting a cabin at the old Frontier for the summer. Blue, FYI we caught some nice bass off the island infront of your place. Good luck guys, and thanks for the help.

Default Hmm...

Gee, there are never any nice bass around that island, I've always used it for checking my gear because I know there aren't any fish to disrupt the test casts...

Default Coming up Memorial

BR, Hey it's Jordan, Dave's buddy. I thought you and Ski might get a kick out of this. I couldn't figure out what to register my name as, but then realized since this is the first year I'm bringing my boat up to the flowage I went with Blue Sprint. Let me know what the water levels look like. Or maybe Tom would know too. With all this rain I should be able to get into Blair, my boat is about the same as yours, 20' with a 225 that will be used for mostly idling until I learn the flowage or I follow you on a run to mark the safe "highway" to Blair from your place. I'll be up with a different buddy Wed the 25th thru Sunday. Ski might join for the weekend part but he has a real job now so it's uncertain. Later guys, can't wait.

Thumbs up H20 Level

BS07-Water level as of Friday was still .45 below full pool, at 1571.55