www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bow Mount Trolling motors on Jon Boats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I also have a 14' boat and I built the floor then built a raised section that was level with the walls of the boat and wrapped it in carpet, I made a door so I could access underneath and stow the battery, drilled a hole under the foot pedal to hide wiring. I have a 47pd thrust motorguide with a 42'' shaft and it goes anywhere I want. I didn't mount my motor so that it sat center because I would've lost alot of floor space, the 42'' shaft sits nice and low I've never had problems with it being in my way Heres a pic to give you an idea of how I set this up. The motor isn't all the way down in the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	031511102949.jpg 
Views:	12066 
Size:	186.2 KB 
ID:	12835  

I did see that they have a spot on the quick release to add a lock. I'm used to taking my current TM off the boat everytime I travel, so that shouldn't be a big deal one way or the other.

My main concern at this point is dealing with the small aluminum deck that is underneath the 3/4" plywood deck that we installed over top of it. Without taking the deck off (which I really hope I won't have to), I don't have any way to get to the bottom of the very front of the deck. If that makes any sense. I guess I should post a pic.

Speaking of pics, for some reason, I can't view the enlarged versions of pics on this site while I'm at work. I'll have to check that one out from my home computer.

Thanks again guys for all the help/advice!!