www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fresh Fish Pics Please!!

Default Fresh Fish Pics Please!!

Would someone please post some 2011 fish pics??!! Heck, I would settle for a semi-true fish story or something.

I am going through withdrawal.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

My season is starting off very well (for me at least, i always struggle with spring) So far myself and fishing partner have got 8 in the past three weeks.

2 of my 4 have been caught on baits i made, but Red you knew that already. Also 1 of my partners 4 fish came on a bait i made. So i am pretty happy with that.

So far the pike to musky ration is off the charts, only one pike casting between my partner and I. I hope it keep up this way!

There are a couple of really nice fish in that bunch, Andy. Nice going!!

I (or clients) will get your new baits in the water beginning 4/17 and use them for 7 straight days during Spring Break. I hope they work for us like they have worked for you thus far.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Thanks,

Red, i sure hope they work as good for you as we have had.

I am lookin foward to hear on how everything goes with the baits on your trips. Their is a few other people i hope hear from soon on what they think of the baits. I am kinda waiting to get the websight up until i hear back from most of the people.

Good luck!

Dad and I have released 9 in 5 days on the water so far this spring, but nothing picture worthy. Mostly smaller fish...dinks to mid/upper 30's. Unfortunately, I am going to miss most of the month of April and that's a great time to be on the water.

Andy...that first fish is pretty nice. How big was she? Are the baits you're making swimbaits like the one in the pic?

Adam A.

Adam, wow 9 fish 5 days. that's Awesome

The first fish was a mid 40. Got her on a bank side maneuver, cant get one boat side but i got two this year with a maneuver from the bank. She was the widest fish i ever landed, unreal how wide she was. The grainy photo was because i was fishing alone and had to put the cell phone on video and hope to be in the frame. So i freeze frames the video for my picture.

Yes the bait in the fish's mouth is the swim bait i make, that was not superimposed in the mouth that was how it was hooked, first fish on my swim bait so took the photo of the bait with the fish.

Second fish down was also on my swim bait, here is the pic of that one.

Thank god for jaw spreaders!

Looks like that one wanted it bad!

Great looking fish anzomik! Congrats on all them, wish i had something to report but sadly i have only one hr fishing in so far this season.

Nice start to the year for you there, congrats! I'll be one of the 3 going out with Red on 4/17 for 3 days, so hopefully we'll be able to chart some success for your baits.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzomcik View Post
    My season is starting off very well (for me at least, i always struggle with spring) So far myself and fishing partner have got 8 in the past three weeks.

2 of my 4 have been caught on baits i made, but Red you knew that already. Also 1 of my partners 4 fish came on a bait i made. So i am pretty happy with that.

So far the pike to musky ration is off the charts, only one pike casting between my partner and I. I hope it keep up this way!

The fish in the second pic has really unique markings. Very cool looking muskie. Nice fish!

Thanks, It took me the next day after catching that fish to notice it did not have the normal Pa bar type pattern. Very cool you noticed that also

I caught this Nice Pike the first time out!

Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0224 [640x480].JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	106.6 KB 
ID:	13006  

Looks like you guys are off to a good start this year. Big fat muskies & pike... gotta love it.

How do pike get into the Yough? Must come through the gates as a young one I guess? That's a rare find indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by lowbidder View Post
    Looks like you guys are off to a good start this year. Big fat muskies & pike... gotta love it.

How do pike get into the Yough? Must come through the gates as a young one I guess? That's a rare find indeed.
    There are a ton of pike in feeder streams below the Yough Dam. Laurel Hill is polluted with them, so are several others that are even further down below Ohiopyle.

Pike also was stocked in the 70s in the lower yough.I do not know if they could of spawned and survived in there for that long or they come from the feeder streams mentioned. There is also tigers in there,and they haven't stocked them since the 80s.

Haven't ever run across any Pike in the Yough. I have heard of some being caught in the Coulter area. I did help with float stocking Tiger Musky two years ago and purebreds last year. Hopefully we have a good survival rate.

I had no idea there were pike in those feeder streams. That's the cool thing about river systems, you never know what you're going to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiller View Post
    Haven't ever run across any Pike in the Yough. I have heard of some being caught in the Coulter area. I did help with float stocking Tiger Musky two years ago and purebreds last year. Hopefully we have a good survival rate.
    Tiger Muskies???????????

On the lower end of the yough sewickly creek is supposed to have a good pike population in it. I've only caught 2 pike in the river.

We have finally been contacting fish the past few trips (now that the weather/water has warmed up) but getting one in the net has not been successful yet.

It sure has been a crazy Spring thus far.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

You got that right, the weather has been insane. I've only had one serious fishing trip so far and thats just not cuttin it with it almost being May already. Had plans to get out this weekend but we got HAMMERED with storms last night and are having some flooding issues in the area. I'll have to see how the water conditions are for Saturday.

What the river like up there Red. Should I leave my rods at home and go turkey hunting instead?

If I would have had my gun in my truck this morning, I could have blasted a BIG bird in my yard on the way to school. He was already henned-up by 7am.

The river is high (and will likely stay that way thru the weekend) and I have not been able to effectively musky fish it since the 17th so we have been pounding Tionesta Lake and launching in the parking lot.....not such an easy task either.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress