www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bow Mount Trolling motors on Jon Boats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LMAO That would have been hilarious. But the best part is that I probably wouldn't have even noticed because my one track mind would have just been focusing only on details pertaining to fishing!!

Cool, that looks like a nice set up for the TM. Definitely an idea to keep in mind. Thanks!!

Jay

Just a quick update. I've had the new trolling motor out a couple of times with the i-Pilot and I'm VERY impressed so far. Having the ability to have the trolling motor follow a path on its own has been incredible and pretty damn impressive. The only issue I've had with it following a track is if the wind at your back is blowing you faster than you want to have the trolling motor running. If the motor loses the track, all you have to do is reposition and hit the track follow button again and it gets you back on course. Its a pretty slick setup.

I like the Terrova with I Pilot also. I did have a problem with it once, It kinda had a mind of it's own. I changed on of the two batteries and it seem to correct the problem. I like the spot lock anchor feature. It keeps you pretty much on spot considering. Sure beats tossing an anchor. The GF said she prefers a TM with cable steer but never lets me operate the Terrova. I'm not sure I believe her. LOL

Thats good info to know in case my motor decides it wants to take over the world too. LOL I do carry two extra batteries with me just in case. I'm in the porcess of runnin some additional wiring so that I can use the Universal Sonar for a fishfinder on the bow too. Once I get that taken care of, I should be able to focus more on the fishing rather then trying to keep the boat on course. Bad part is that now if I'm not catchin any fish, I can't blame it on my boat setup anymore!! LOL

I guess I should of been more clear when I said I changed one of the two batteries. I meant one of the 12 volt deep cycle batteries. Our Terrova is 24 volt and didn't like one of the 12 v batteries. The battery worked fine in the other boat so swapping cured the problem. I heard this happen more than once. Just a heads up for everyone with I Pilot.

No matter what you get, make sure it has a remote control! If you never had one, you won't know how you ever went without it! They make things really nice!

Brian

I'm glad you mentioned that. I figured you meant the battery in the hand-held controller. I know they seem somewhat particular about what brand you use in the controller (non-panasonic I believe). But now that you mention that, I'll be curious to see if my single 12v battery might cause any issues once the charge gets low.

No matter what, it seems that these trips out Musky fishing turns into adventures one way or another, huh?? You gotta love it. I think thats a big reason why we keep coming back for more!! LOL