www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Bow Mount Trolling motors on Jon Boats

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by ttabaleulb View Post
    Cool, thanks for throwin some pics in there too. We have a little bit different of a design on the deck, but you have yours installed in the same position that I plan to do mine. Do you have any issues seeing over your TM when you are not using it? Also, any tracking issues since you have it mounted to one side? Those are really the only concerns I had when mounting it completely on one side or the other.

I seem to fish mainly off the front, or the port side for some reason. So I figure having it starboard side should still offer me maximum deck space.
    The shaft is 42", and at the depth I have it set, only sticks up about a foot or so when deployed. When stowed, it lays flat and out of the way. Tracking is not a problem with the motor being set off to one side. It's not noticeable at all.

Ok, I hope these pics work. The first is a pic of the boat before the deck extension install. The second (not so good to show scale) shows it after having the deck installed. And just so happens to be my first Musky on the fly too. Its bascially a sheet of 3/4" plywood cut to fit and increase deck space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010034.jpg 
Views:	6160 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	12847   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010081.JPG 
Views:	893 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	12848  

Here is a quick sketch of what I would do. You have a good bit of deck space there and with the modified V, it would be easy to set this up to have the motor on an angle and not take up the whole middle of you deck.

Just so you know... it too A LOT of restaint to not pencil in the mustache, goatee and horns.

Mike
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010081.jpg 
Views:	565 
Size:	106.3 KB 
ID:	12850  

LMAO That would have been hilarious. But the best part is that I probably wouldn't have even noticed because my one track mind would have just been focusing only on details pertaining to fishing!!

Cool, that looks like a nice set up for the TM. Definitely an idea to keep in mind. Thanks!!

Jay

Just a quick update. I've had the new trolling motor out a couple of times with the i-Pilot and I'm VERY impressed so far. Having the ability to have the trolling motor follow a path on its own has been incredible and pretty damn impressive. The only issue I've had with it following a track is if the wind at your back is blowing you faster than you want to have the trolling motor running. If the motor loses the track, all you have to do is reposition and hit the track follow button again and it gets you back on course. Its a pretty slick setup.

I like the Terrova with I Pilot also. I did have a problem with it once, It kinda had a mind of it's own. I changed on of the two batteries and it seem to correct the problem. I like the spot lock anchor feature. It keeps you pretty much on spot considering. Sure beats tossing an anchor. The GF said she prefers a TM with cable steer but never lets me operate the Terrova. I'm not sure I believe her. LOL

Thats good info to know in case my motor decides it wants to take over the world too. LOL I do carry two extra batteries with me just in case. I'm in the porcess of runnin some additional wiring so that I can use the Universal Sonar for a fishfinder on the bow too. Once I get that taken care of, I should be able to focus more on the fishing rather then trying to keep the boat on course. Bad part is that now if I'm not catchin any fish, I can't blame it on my boat setup anymore!! LOL