Jay,
A few things to consider.

Last year, Minn Kota only made the (factory installed) I-Pilot motors in long shafts. If you want a shorter shaft, you will probably have to either buy the powerdrive V2 and then swap out the regular head for the I-Pilot head, or you will have to buy the longer shaft and break out the hacksaw.

Will you have access to all the bolts underneath the deck to which the motor/bracket will mount? If so, fastening properly will be easy. If not, it's a little tricky. I could only reach 2 of my bolts, so I had a guy drill holes and using a pop-rivet style threaded insert. If you need something like that, find somebody that has one to borrow, cause they're expensive and you'll probably only use it once.

Red mentioned about not having the TM head stick out past the side of the boat in the stowed position. Before you install, take the side panels off to get access to the bolt holes. keep the motor in the stowed position and turn it so that the head doesn't stick out past the boat. Clamp it down, then deploy the motor. Make sure it can fully deploy without hitting the boat. Once both conditions are satisfied, you can mark the holes and get down to business.

One more thing... If you go with the I-Pilot, I recommend getting a Ram stabilizer mount. I don't know if the vibration while driving does any damage to the motor head or not, but it sure makes me feel better.