www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Do you recognize this spot

Default Do you recognize this spot

When I left Franks on Monday morning we decided to take the ice road to Kenora for an adventure. If you have never done it before, make plans on a sunny day with no wind to take the trip. It is 51 miles from Franks to the shore of Kenora. I would do it again in a heartbeat. We then traveled down 71 to Sioux Narrows and Nester Falls then crossed the border at Baudette and of course pick up Crystal Beer (Labatte) in Nester Falls. There was an amazing amount of homes as you got closer to Kenora on islands and the mainland.

Do you recognize the spot in the photo's?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3070012.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	188.6 KB 
ID:	12784   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3070014.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	12785   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P3070015.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	190.0 KB 
ID:	12786  

Have caught many a muskie, and scared the crap out of a lot of unsuspecting passengers there.

Also a good spot for a pee break on the way.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Darren might know.

He said, "this place rocks". Or something like that.
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Looks familiar to me...I've ridden my snowmobile through there numerous times heading to Sioux Narrows from Oak Island.

Sounds like an awesome little adventure getting back. Were the roads well marked/defined?
    And I to am very familiar with that (pee) spot.
    My fellow OM guides need to make note of it, as this years group of vets includes the 2 lady vets.

Oh yes, remember that spot well!! A few Oct. ago Carol, Brian and I where waved down by a gentelman staying at Monument bay and said he can not reach camp with the little hand held radio he had and asked if we could reach Monument Bay for Him. Well I knew I could get a hold of Monument Bay from that excat spot from a preveious situation there before. So we did and I heard that this same gentelman had to make a fire on some island a few nights before that because of boat problems. And yes that place does Rock

I always thought it would be fun to run a cable 1' below the water at that spot. Then sit up in the woods with a couple cold ones and watch the fun. LOL To be honest I think that some jerk out there that has a warped mind like mine just might do that some day. My butt hole always folds back out after clearing that gap!

Great! - one less DP secret spot I will be blamed for telling everyone and their brother about!

Also rode through there on a jetski...from Young's Bay up to Kenora and back.

GPS track of ride

Another photo at -18 below zero with Gayle unloading the Bombardier after a sucessful day on the ice. Nice to know that warm weather is just around the corner. Can't wait until next January.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gayle at Bombardier.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	187.4 KB 
ID:	13188