www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: When will the invasion begin???

Default When will the invasion begin???

Hey all!

Just wondering what week the Flat-lander invasion will occur? Have a pretty small window to hit the woods this year.

Quick update for Frank, Dick, and all the great LOTW anglers,

Got my AF commission in December and headed out to Texas for a little bit of training. Been fortuante to fish Lake Fork the last couple of weeks and encounter some BIG Texas bass. I'll be headed out to Cali in a few weeks where I'll be stationed...again haha. Miss chassing ski's already, take care and god bless!!!

Chris

Pictures?

That's a lake that side imaging would help find that lone tree that holds them ten pounders.

Default Here ya go Dennis!

[IMG][/IMG]

Actually, first time I got to use my Hummingbird GPS/SI combo. One word....WOW!

Best bass lake I ever fished for average size, not numbers but we did catch a lot.
    I didn't get the big fish that trip, my buddy Bill did.

Also seen a guy pull a 10 pounder out of the live well, weigh it and realize that it was only 9 1/2 lbs, so he cleaned it for his mom to eat. A local lawyer; enough said.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILL-BIG BASS-sm.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	122.5 KB 
ID:	12783  

Hey Chris,been gone a few days hunting but a huge CONGRATS on the commission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lots of dedication and hard work on your part pays off.Thanks for your continuing service to our country.
    Nice bass also.
    Dick

Default thanks

Thanks DP! What can I say, I love the mission!

Thats a toad Dennis! Same story here...didn't get bit all that often but when I did it was a solid fish.

Headed back next weekend lol. What can I say...I dont often pass up an oppurtunity to fish a lake like that!

I'm looking at shooting up to the woods July 9th or the following week. Was trying to figure out when the flat landers annual pilgrimage was scheduled for. Kind of would like to avoid it, not that there bad guys...I'm just selfish and want alllll the good spots to myself :-)

Chris, this is big bass time, hope you get some nice ones!

I'm with ya Dennis! It's like freaking musky fishing...I'm out there all day looking for one bite hahah!

When the side looking graphs came out, they were quietly using it to look for bass on lone trees/shrubs, etc. BIG fish on a lone piece of structure, 10+ lbs. And it seems it wasn't usually towards the other structure/banks, it was out in the middle of a cove or off a point. That's the ticket.

Talking

Well Chris, the Flatlander invasion is from July 9th - 16th, that is if you mean the best fishing club in the country, The Flatlanders Chapter of Muskies Inc. We share all our spots and even mark peoples maps of ALL of DP's spots, right Sully?

We are a friendly group, just a few misfits.So do not be afraid to be there when we rock The Woods.

Steve

Chris,
    Careful now.Junkie is spouting half truths.A good group but more than a 'few' misfits.Then of course there's Sully-a moronic,morbid,marauding misfit.

Hey Ruhmmy, good to hear from you. I thought all you Rockford guys were up in Madison this week?????
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Talking

Hey Frankie, the whole gang has been to Madison and then down here in good old Rockford for the fishing shows. Oh, you mean that mess up in Wisconsin. Seems they have rectified that opportunity. I am just spending money on new lures and a new custom rod from Dave Jack. Ice fishing is done since we have gotten some rain and some warmer temps. Going to Vegas for work next weekend through the following week for work, Yippee !! Then it is time to get out and chase them toothy fish.

( Apologies to everyone else for my lifes update)

Steve

Default Thanks

Steve,

Thanks for the update! Rockford huh? My wife is from Rockton, she's also in the AF. She fly's 'em, my guys fix 'em. None the less...anyone from that area can easily fit in the misfit category

Well looking at the ole' calender thats probably the only week I'll be able to sneak up to the woods this year, let alone chase any musky's. I must say I reallllly miss being 20 minutes from Lake Kinkaid...wow how spoiled I was.

I'm guessing Franks is going to be booked up? If so I'll have to start looking for somewhere to stay.

Chris, alot of the members in our club are for the Rockton and Roscoe area. What is her maiden name? Someone in the club may know her. Heck, Sully is a Rockton native, unfortuantely he will not be joining us this year. I grew up in the Rockton/ Roscoe area and currently live in South Beloit. Hope Frank has an area to squeeze you in. Keep us posted. If so, you are more than welcome to join in our club festivities.

Steve

Her maiden name is Pierce, just like Pierce lake haha. Waiting to hear back from Frank about availabilty. If not pop's and I will def have to swing by and shoot the bull.

Sully not coming?How sad.Now we won't be 'sullied'.(please look that definition up)
    In fact the definition of 'Sully' pretty well says it all-and I quote:

"sully (sul′ē)

transitive verb sullied -·lied, sullying -·ly·ing
    to soil, stain, tarnish, or besmirch, now esp. by disgracing

Origin: prob. < Fr souiller < OFr soillier: see soil

intransitive verb
    Obsolete to become sullied

noun pl. sullies -·lies
    Archaic a stain or tarnish; defilement"

Default Good Evening

"DP": latin - derived from sullster/moony - aka bigfish- meaning:
    adj.- [desperately pathetic]-(deeply psychotic)-[downright pugnacious]
    n - {dorky person} ( )

Well,well contrary to many hopes and dreams you are alive.Whats your excuse for fearing to face me this year?Would you come if I quit mentioning the fact you knocked Rhumys 50 off?

Default Absolutely

yes...I would, if only that money tree was in bloom. Me miss Baystore.