www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Show Recap

Default Show Recap

The club booth activities at this weekend's show were a tremendous success. If I try to list all the people owed a big thank you from the chapter, I would surely forget someone so I'm not even going to attempt it. We had countless members, baitmakers, vendors and friends donate their time, effort, exceptional custom items for our raffle, great products, etc. I will say thank you specifically to Ross Wagner for putting on such a great show and for the support he gives the chapter through this event. Lots of energy at the venue, tremendous turnout throughout the show including Friday despite the weather, and a first class event all around.

The chapter signed up ten new members at the show and many others left with the materials to get signed up on-line. I look to see a bunch of new faces at our upcoming meetings in March and April. Make sure you make the effort to reach out to the new members and make them feel welcome.

Our tackle box raffle fundraiser and merchandise sales beat all previous shows by over 50%. Phenomenal response and support by everyone who attended the show. John Marks of Zanesville was the lucky winner of the one-of-a-kind custom loaded box.

Cliff, John O. and I attended the ODNR Muskie Summit on Saturday morning and we'll share the information from that meeting to the chapter at an upcoming monthly meeting.

I got a chance to get down to the Ohio Lure Swap after the show on Saturday, and all I can say is those guys did a great job and I hope they keep that up for many years to come. Very fun.

Thanks again to all. I hope to see everyone at our March 8th meeting for the annual lure auction.

Rob

Default Best Show Ever!

Thanks, Ross for putting on the best show to date!
    I think it goes without saying but I'll say it anyway that we have an outstanding group of leaders and a solid group of members in 41 and you can really see that from the outside looking in. That's what it takes to be successful. I'm proud to be able to say that I'm a member.
    It's been a pretty tough month for me so the show couldn't have came at a better time. Really took my mind of things and let me relax, hang out with the best musky fishermen in the world and just think about fishing. I also was able to pick up a lot of good advice this year. You know, some of these guys can really put musky fishing in perspective, not only how to catch them, but what it's really all about.
    Doug, I'll see you at the March meeting!
    Thanks again,
    Brian

Default Show

It was great to see everyone at the Ohio Muskie Show this weekend. I posted some pictures from the Club Booth and Tackle Box/Lure Raffle in the new 2011 Photos section. I'll see everyone at the Banquet in a couple weeks.

Randy

Hi Guys! As a vendor who came quite a ways to attend this show I just want to send out a HUGE THANKS to your club as well as all the people of Ohio and the surrounding states who came out to support the show this past weekend. It really means alot to those of us who come out there and have to travel quite a distance, to have such a huge turnout and meet and see so many enthusiastic people. I really cant say thanks enough to Ross and everyone involved in helping pull this gig off, as well all those who came out to attend. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! Im already looking forward to next year!

John Bette
    Stealth Tackle
    STEALTH TACKLE
    "Clearly the Leader"
    www.stealthtackle.net

Default Thanks

Ross, great job, and thanks for supporting our sport in such a big way. The fact that you support the Muskie Summit makes that meeting happen in a big way. I would also like to thank everyone for stopping by the Ohio Division of Wildlife booth on Saturday and shaking my hand and congratulating me on my retirement that started at 5pm that afternoon. Like Rob, I couldn't begin to name all of the people but I especially want to thank Rob and Ross for all the extra trouble they went to that day for me. I especially liked the count down to 5pm on the PA system and the poster of my pictures of my muskie career that Rob and my daughter conspired to put together. I'll brig it to the next MI meeting to show off. I couldn't have picked a better day, place or people to be with when the time came. My only regret about it happening there was I became so distracted by all the great people I completely forgot to shop. Now that's distracted!

Congratulations Elmer!! You put in your time and deserve the time to yourself now. Enjoy.

Great show Ross. Definately one of the best! BIG thanks to all the club members that helped out with the booth this weekend.

Elmer.. Congrats on the retirement, I'm sure we will see you on the lake alot more this year!

Cliff