www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Heeeeeeeeee's Back

Default Heeeeeeeeee's Back

http://capitolchat.areavoices.com/20...for-him-again/

Rep. Kriesel’s buddy is there for him again
    Posted on February 25, 2011 by Don Davis

Everson, Kriesel
    Todd Everson was there on John Kriesel’s worst day, so it was only appropriate that he sat behind the freshmen legislator on one of his best days.

On Dec. 2, 2006, Everson was in the lead vehicle of a military convoy near Fallujah, Iraq, when a roadside bomb blew up Kriesel’s Humvee 200 feet behind him. Everson felt the shock and headed back to help the three injured soldiers; only Kriesel survived, but just barely.

“He was there when I basically was a goner,” Kriesel said, crediting Everson for saving his life.

“I know if things were reversed, he would have done the same for me,” Everson said about his buddy.

“Everything that he has done from that point on has exceeded any expectations,” Everson said.

Everson, who grew up in Greenbush in far northwestern Minnesota and now lives in Prior Lake, said he is impressed with Kriesel’s recovery, which included a couple dozen surgeries and the need for two prosthetic legs.

Besides recovering from a bomb blast, Kriesel adds to his list of accomplishments election to the Minnesota House last November and getting his first bill passed on Thursday.

Kriesel said he wanted Everson there to share his victory. Everson did not have to think twice.

“I never thought I would see his name on the desk here,” Everson said, pointing to the back-row spot Kriesel calls home during House sessions.

The two talk on the telephone regularly and Everson said that he cannot imagine the two not being close friends.

Kriesel said that getting his first bill passed, one that outlaws synthetic marijuana, was “like civics class on steroids.” But having Everson there made it even better
    Walsh's Bay Store Camp
    Frank Walsh

Web Site: http://www.baystorecamp.com

Good guy,good stuff.

What a story. Either one of those guys could share my boat.
    GO BIG RED!!

It was an honor to have met John. He is making the best of his life. God Bless them both!