www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: First time on Kinkaid, need some help

Default First time on Kinkaid, need some help

So, I'm planning on fishing Kinkaid in early March (5thish). Anyone got any pointers (good spots and areas to work, lures & colors , places to eat, stay, etc). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Default March Kincaid

Only been there twice, but I will be there March 6 as well. Do not have much advice other than the Johnson Creek access can be too low to even launch. I recommend the Marina. I have only been there summer/fall. Lots of good weed beds and man-made rocky areas...looks fish friendly. Hopefully after this w/e we'll have advice to share!

I'll be there this weekend also.
    where to stay: America's Best in Murphysboro-cheap, set up with outlets outside to plug in the boat
    Food-If you like bbq, I almost always stop at 17th street in Murphysboro. Can't miss it...it's on 17th street.
    Where to go: hard to say for me, as I haven't been there yet this year. A lot of people fish up in Paul Ice early in the year-if you leave the marina and take a right, it'll be on the right, past the old partially submerged bridge. Don't know what the water temp is.
    What to use: Lots of rattlebaits this time of year. Also, some gliders and small twitch baits. I'd say cover lots of water to figure out if the fish are on main lake or back in the coves. There's usually a good afternoon bite this time of year.

water temps in mid to upper 40's, depends what you r fishing for! Just learning on muskies, but have fished lake for bass and crappie. bass, try rocks that get sunlite first with jerkbaits this time of year, white works well if water is clear. crappie and white bass can be caught easily back by water treatment area with minows on just about any tree 15 feet or less from shore!