www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Ice out contest viii

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default We have a winner!!!

WBC-Regular wanted to know if we have a winner. Well, we certainly do have a winner, and it's none other than (drum roll, please) WBC-REGULAR. In WBC's case, persistence paid off. WBC guessed May 1 a year ago, and he guessed May 1 this year. He may have been 13 days late last year, but he absolutely nailed it this year hitting the date right on the button. I must say that I'm assuming (and we all know how much trouble that can cause) that WBC is a "he" because I really don't know. Like the old hair care product commercial, only his/her hairdresser knows for sure. Well, I'm stickin' with "he" until WBC tells me differently. WBC, if you're in camp the week of June 5 make yourself known, and I'll report back to all the inquiring minds that want to know.

Hearty congratulations to you on your stunning performance in this year's contest. I'm told that some late cold weather in April kept the ice on the bay longer than earlier anticipated. It was a nail biter with Puma1 just one day off at 4/30. It's an open race, and there can only be one winner. Please join me in honoring WBC as the 2011 "Ice Out (Guessing with the Stars) Contest" winner. I thought about "Ice Out Idol," but I decided I wasn't quite ready to go that far.

Thanks to the seven brave souls who took the time to put their pride on hold and enter this just-for-fun, something-to-get-our-mind-off-winter-and-on-Witch-Bay-Camp contest. Oh, how I wish there were 17 or 70 brave souls who would enter next year's contest. Will WBC defend his crown? Will Puma1 avenge his narrow defeat? Will Susan Luci land a spot in another soap opera? Tune in next year to find out - same time, same channel.

Congratulations to WBC regular, I plan on entering the ice out contest next year. Glad to hear the ice is gone, can't wait to get into camp, will be there in 24 days.