I managed to get out this past weekend one night. I have not been out partially due to the cold we had and then it was a time factor. oh well the reports have not been very promising. We stopped at a local bait shop on the way and asked how things were going. The report was grim. he said there were people that have been out for several trip with little to no success. He did state that the panfishing has been improving. We went out anyway to a spot that has produced in the past. Tipups in by 4:00. We ended up with 3 flags and caught 2 fish. One 19 1/2 and the other was 20 1/2". Both fish were caught literally minutes apart right at dark. The other flag was shortly after dark and that fish simply dropped the bait. We were fishing in between 20 and 30 feet of water off the edges of the structure. We fished for about 3 hours. It was not terrible but it was not very good either. I am not sure what has been playing out, but the fish we caught were nice stocky fish. I think with the warm summer with abnormally high water temps if it did not produce a very good spawn of bait fish in our system which is providing an abundant supply of food for the fish. I am not sure just and idea. I think right now you just have to put in the time and try multiple spots and look for a few active fish. One good thing is the panfish ( crappies and Perch) are only going to get better as spring gets closer.

Good Fishing,