www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Moraine Musky meeting??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Moraine Musky meeting??

I saw on the MMA site that PF&BC was scheduled to be at the last meeting to share what the effects of the 40" limit has done.

Can anyone who was there share some details? Thanks

Since we are talking about the PFBC, I know there were several of us Butler Show attendees who were interviewed by Deb Weisberg (Post Gazette) concerning our opinions regarding the implementation of a 50" minimum size limit for Lake Arthur.

I am in favor of such a plan (and I told her that too) as I am sure most Western PA musky hunters are as well. Does anyone know if the PFBC has already started assessing the possible impact of such a law change??
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

The only decent arguement that I've heard against a 50" limit is that since female muskies generally are the ones that become this trophy size, there would be a chance for overpopulation of males since they would not be harvested. I think I would be in favor. Heck I'd be in favor of some catch and release areas like Wv has.

I missed the meeting but I talked to Howard Wagner last week and it sounds like the PFBC is considering increasing the size limit on Lake Arthur. The increase is dependant on what the PFBC finds in this spring's trap net study of the lake. I don't know the particulars But it had to do with a size class of fish missing from the results.