www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2011 Fish?

Default 2011 Fish?

Anyone have any fish to report yet? I'm getting bored... I haven't had a fish list to update in a couple months!

I'll see everyone in a couple weeks at the Ohio Show. Spring can't get here soon enough.

Randy

I am jonesing myself Randy. It's to dam cold to cast right now but as soon as I can below the dam I will. Hopefully be able to catch one soon. Look forward to seeing you and everyone soon.

Looks like they are forecasting a break in the weather. Would be great to have an early spring after these last couple months!

Cliff

Talking

Hey you guys, don't forget to give us Canadians a break! We can't Musky fish till the first Saturday in June!
    PAUL

IF YOU WANT TO CATCH A FISH, YOU HAVE TO DRINK LIKE A FISH!

Hey Paul, You and Bruce could come down here and fish alum. You have a place to stay here at my house and fat steaks on the grill. I have plenty of room on the tune for all of us. And I will throw in a 30 pack of PBR.

Hey Mark, you are making it sound very interesting!
    PAUL

IF YOU WANT TO CATCH A FISH, YOU HAVE TO DRINK LIKE A FISH!

All you need is gas money to get here and a 3 day non resident license is $19.

Default Fishing

I went out Wednesday around Westerville. No fish. Walked along the bike path and hit some holes.
    Wish I could get down to the Cave today!
    Scouted out Paint Creek on Monday looking for places to put in/take out. It is too fast and furious for me in these cold temps.
    Sure would like to get Cliffy to take me to the Little M!!!!!!

If we could get Rob to hurry up and finish that bridge we wouldnt have to walk so far to fish!

Brian, I have a 3 day weekend, if you want to spend a day on one of the Southern Ohio or WV streams this weekend give me a call. Not had a chance to look at any of the levels or anything, not sure what kind of shape they are in.

Cliff

Default Rob Van Gorder Bridge...

Cliff,
    Most of the Kokosing folks probably haven't made it back from their winter homes in Costa Rica yet.
    South Ohio sounds good and the weather looks great! All the water I've been around looks great. I'll get a report about the Kanawha tomorrow but I'd have to say it's in good shape. It looked really good last weekend and we haven't had any weather to mess it up. Give me a shout at
    bvinson38@hotmail.com. I've lost your number and your website is down or give me a call tomorrow.
    Thanks,
    Brian

Default The road to the future is under construction

Hey now, play nice. Work is work, and fishing is not work. I've never fished down in that area of the creek but I've heard it can be good. I'm sure the area will still be great and the access improved once the new bridge is done.

Good luck if you chase some creek fish down south.

Default Lol!

Just kidding around, Rob. I don't say much about how you have me go all the way around the lake to get my boat or have me land locked from the fishing holes. I have to play Mr. Mom today and tomorrow is bringing East winds. Doesn't look likely on going.
    Here's a pic of a Kanawha fish from my old neck of the woods two years ago-released:

Nothing real special about the place, it's just close to the house. I'm sure it will be nice when it's done. I could use the exercise until then anyways.

Just drove around the lake, still alot of ice. The only open area was a small path between the bridge and cheshire ramp. They were drilling holes at the howard ramp and getting ready to set poles.

Cliff

Default Yep...

Yep. I don't think it's been replenished like it used to be. The lake has kept most of them. One thing about that though is that if you do hook up, chances are it is a dandy.