www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: musky hunter qualities

Default musky hunter qualities

I recently started school again and I noticed that fishing and musky fishing in particular has taught me some positive qualities. Attention to detail, perseverence and patience come to mind immediately.
    How do you think musky fishing or fishing in general has made you a better person?
    Last edited by muskyjerk; 02-03-2011 at 03:35 PM. Reason: misspell

I've always had an attention to detail, which helps in muskie fishing.

It definitely has made me more patient and open to learning new things.

I believe the younger you are when you start the more you have to learn...mainly respect for the fish/living things in general. Patients defenately. Other things I picked up at a young age are: skipping stones, building fire (small and controlled of course) and how to improvise.

I've learned that "You can't always get what you want!" LOL!

Brian

I've learned I absolutly love fishing and some people think I have a problem.

I can spend a couple hundred dollars on musky tackle and not think twice.

Being single is key to having the extra money which is also due to the excessive fishing.

It has rekindled my thirst for knowledge which I lost somewhere in high school.

And if you want to be successful you have to be dedicated.

How about focus. Hours and hours on the water with one bite You need to be paying attention to convert the bite to a catch. Without hours of focus on the goal of catching a muskie the oppertunity could easily be lost.

very true when I fishing and I start slipping on paying attention to the details of my casts I take a break regroup and get back in focus.

Quote Originally Posted by EMA-SON View Post
    I believe the younger you are when you start the more you have to learn...mainly respect for the fish/living things in general. Patients defenately. Other things I picked up at a young age are: skipping stones, building fire (small and controlled of course) and how to improvise.
    I like the "respect for living things" quality. First rule taught to me by an archery hunter before I took my first shot at a target was "don't kill something if your not going to eat it". A tenant all sportsmen should have but there are exceptions like mice in the camp or home. This rule is one reason I've never supported bow fishing for carp and other fish. These fish can be used if not eaten but I haven't seen a whole lot of this. There was one gentleman around Oliopolis who would leave carp on an sland for the eagles to eat. Another good example is an event in pymatuning where the spillway is fished and bow fished and the carp are used to feed polar bears at a zoo.

We support American manufacturers! Go USA!