www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Meeting Tuesday 2/8 - Fly Fishing for Muskies

Default Meeting Tuesday 2/8 - Fly Fishing for Muskies

Our monthly meeting for February will be this coming Tuesday February 8th at 7:00 PM at PJ’s in Sunbury. The presentation topic for this meeting will be on fly fishing for muskies. We are pleased to have Lou Uecker fro Mad River Outfitters as our guest speaker. Lou writes:

“I am a long time fly fisherman and an Ohio native. I work at Mad River Outfitters fly shop and am a warm water fanatic. My passion for warm water angling has evolved to an obsession with the apex predators of our rivers and lakes, especially the muskie. Being both a fly and gear angler I can help bridge the language and technique gap between the two methods, allowing for more anglers to use this very effective tool for landing more muskies. I will talk about Rods, rigging, flies, as well as where and when flies are a more effective tool. For any angler looking for another tool to try and cut the 10,000 cast down to something more reasonable this will be a fun and informative evening.”

As always, our meetings are open to the public. After Lou’s presentation and a break, we will conduct the business portion of our meeting where we will re-cap this weekend’s Michigan Muskie Show, report on the chapter’s budget status, discuss our Minnow Fund efforts for 2011, and preview the upcoming Ohio Muskie Show and the ODNR Muskie Summit. The meeting will conclude with our monthly lure raffle.

January was a bust with the weather, so come on out and enjoy dinner, a few beverages and a great night talking muskie fishing. Hope to see everyone there!

Default Tuesday Meeting

Rob Just so happens I have a new vendor coming down for the show form St.Clair that Fly Fishes for Muskies. He will be selling the flies he ties...

Default Meeting

There was a good buzz about this meeting topic at the Michigan Show this weekend, and it looks like we may actually get a break from the snow and ice for a winter event! Hope to see everyone at PJ's.