www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 2011 Musky Trips?

Default 2011 Musky Trips?

Is anyone planning a musky hunt outside of their "home" waters for this upcoming season?
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

E-mail - RedChildress@gmail.com
    Web Site: http://www.alleghenyguideservice.com

I'm considering a Flyfishin trip to Lake St. Clair. However, I think I'm leaning more toward using that vacation time to explore a few more waters in PA. My main goal for the year is to spend as much time as possible on "numbers" waters so I can get as much action as possible on the Flyrod.

St. Clair end of June
    St. Lawerence in November

Fish Kinzua more this year.
    Explore another lake in Pa been wanting to fish
    Maybe explore a NY lake too?

Lots of baseball and football games now so little less fishing time!
    It's all good though!

Default Many Places For 2011

I'm going to start the year out in late March at Saltfork Lake,Ohio,to Cave Run Lake for PMTT,Prymatuning in May,Lake St.Clair for opening week in June and St. Lawerance River in early December.
    Mostly Muskies Charters & Guide Service
    Captain Larry Jones

Web Site: http://www.mostlymuskies.com

I'm from Maryland, so I travel outside of the state a lot.

PA: Susky and Juniata
    VA: New

Someday I'll venture up to the St. Lawrence and LOTW.

I have the family vacation planned again for chautuaqua for a week. Even though it is only me and my wife in the family. 3rd year in a row and she doesn't even realize I see her less on vacation then when we are home. As long as I drop her off at bemus point with a few hundred bucks I can fish all week when I want. My wife can only take around 4 hours in the boat, But she is a hell of a net women.

Don't know yet for MY second week vacation. But, More than likely fishing...

Quote Originally Posted by MtAiryEd View Post
    I'm from Maryland, so I travel outside of the state a lot.

PA: Susky and Juniata
    VA: New

Someday I'll venture up to the St. Lawrence and LOTW.
    You fish the Juniata much? It's my home water. I know a good stretch or two...

jeremy
    Jeremy Wagner
    Tuscarora Tackle

We will head to MN (Vermilion) again in late-July to fish the week leading up to the new moon phase. The interesting thing is that the moon rise will be between 12:12am and 5:42am and will set between 2:28pm and 8:38pm the entire week plus all the fishing in between. We will have some weird sleeping patterns for sure.

Vermilion seems to be one of those lakes that is strongly influenced by moon phases so we will plan accordingly. I sure hope we have some wind this time (I may regret ever saying that) during the daylight periods.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Red,

What were the totals from last year's trip to MN?

1 musky and several pike in the net. Dozens of follows with 5-7 fish being larger than anything I have ever seen in person. 2-3 of those fish were simply jaw-dropping, diaper-staining, profanity-invoking studs. I think of them on a daily basis.

We did not raise a daytime fish for almost 3 days but then the wind/clouds kicked up and that really made a huge difference (regarding fish sightings) but especially our confidence. I cannot wait to get back on those waypoints.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

Default 1000 islands

I spent three months on " The River" last summer and only had my boat for the two weeks my parents came to visit our cottage. We raised some HUGE fish but our largemouth tackle was not up to par. This year we're going up with the intent on taking a St. Lawrence monster! Remember Coach the invite still stands!!

I am surprised you crawled off the ice long enough to post that message.....lol.

I appreciate the invite and will positively go up there with you guys one of these days. I just need another year or three in MN first.
    Allegheny Guide Service
    Red Childress

I'm hoping for a new job cause if I get it I work 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off and with that schedule I can make alot of trips to wisconsin, minnesota and anywhere else I please... fingers crossed.