www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: 1/29 Fishing Report

Default 1/29 Fishing Report

Lake Mendota has still had catfish action off Governor's Island in about 25' of water. Try using cut bait on either jig rods or tip ups. The bite seems to only be there in the day time. Pike fishermen have found sporadic success off Governor's Island, Second Point, and near James Madison Park. The perch bite has been active near Picnic Point.

Lake Monona perch fisherman have seen action east of Law Park, towards the Yahraha River. Bluegill anglers have found an occasional bite near Squaw Bay and Monona Bay. We continue to hear some reports of pike in Monona Bay as well.

There has been reported action of bluegills and crappies on the south end of Lake Waubesa down near the marsh. There have also been bluegills biting in the late afternoon near Lake Farm Park.
    D & S Bait & Tackle
    Gene Dellinger

Web Site: http://www.dsbait.com

I went out on Saturday to try for those cats and didn't have any luck. It was in the afternoon/evening but I heard a guy say they were biting a little further along the drop away from Gov. I had the flasher running on the hole I was sitting by to see if there were any fish interested at least and I only marked one fish all afternoon. It did not have the heavy return I was looking for either. The only reason for my post is to say thanks for the guy who pulled my portable and I back to the parking area. I have gotten rides back from the middle of mendota twice now and can't tell you how much it is appreciated. Hopefully it turns into some good Karma. It sure made coming up with $5-10k for a nice four wheeler seem like a great idea.