www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Whiteies...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default whites

i've had success with whites just laying a gold genz worm tipped with a waxie right on the bottom.... jig it aggressively to attract them, when they see it, lay it right on the bottom and don't move it!!! they'll pick it right off the bottom... lots of times, they dive at it and miss it, they can't seem to see the bait when they get really close to it, so they guess at where it is!! also, try an aggressive bait right on the bottom (jiggin rap, shiver, forage spoon), and tie a small jig about a foot up on the line with a wax worm.... just a couple things that work on the lower end of the bay, give em a try ... 19 pointer

Default BBDN or LBDN?

Tomjohn -

Right on, glad you got the swing of the whities... congrats! I totally concur on the agressive jigging... seems counter intuitive at first, but after you watch how they react to it on the graph you can quickly see there is no such thing as too fast or too quick of a jerk... ciscos/herring actually like it more sporadic and faster yet... but anyway, one question if you don't mind... are these from BBDN or LBDN???

thanks,

Matt

All of the whitefish are from Big Bay De Noc.
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

A couple things I discovered on whities this year down on Green Bay: Agressive jigging with a Rap with waxies close to the bottom works better than the pimples I used last year. The sliding treble above doesn't need bait. My camera scares them off.

I did well on a Kastmaster gold and purple spoon today. A gold hammered #5 pimple did good also.
    When Hell freezes over, I'll ice fish that too!

I've done good on Pimples in gold with the cracked ice tape, plain gold, and copper this year. Raps and similar style baits in black/gold, silver, or silver/chartruse green have been good too.