www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Lakemaster or Navionics?

Default Lakemaster or Navionics?

Trying to figure out which chip to buy for my new Humminbird (Michigan waters). It looks like the two main choices are Lakemaster and Navionics (Hot Spots says they don't do Humminbird yet).

So...which of the two would you recommend? Are there other choices I'm missing?

Default Hmmm... decisions, decisions...

Now this is a good question.... I have both and each have slightly different detail depending on your location.. For LBDN I perfer the Navionics farther south it is Lakemaster I perfer.. For the majority of the time I use the Navionics in the handheld. In the boat (HDS) prob. opposite.. You can find them on ebay and craigslist used for around half price so that may be an option to buy both... Or wait for the wife to buy something nice and that's ur in...

Default Navionics or Lakemaster

I also have both in my Humingbird 997csi. The detail is a little better in LBDN with the Navionics. Lakemaster is a bit better to the south and on BBDN. If you are not getting the 998 or 1198, plan on VERY SLOW screen refreshing with the Lakemaster chip. ( lots of info )
    Lakemaster offers the target depth highlighting in Green and dangerous water in Red. (AWESOME FEATURE!) Also the water level offset is very handy. Ahh heck get em both !
    I'm glad it did.