I maybe beating a dead horse here...

My reel i just for glide baits has been giving me alot of trouble the past season or so, i will not name brand or model. I am lookin to replace it so i dont have to figth with it.

I like round reels for its purpose, they feel better when i palm them. I have curado's 300 (i do not own any toros but they look to be the same lack of crossbar also) that do not feel correct when i palm them they lack the cross bar on top of the reels to rest the thumb. I use and love the curados on other rods because on those i hold the foregrip, but my glide bait rod i palm to use my wrist to put action on the bait.

So i have narrowed my search but not exclusive to these three reels

Cardif 300 cheapest, i like the 300 size class. I question long term reliability

calcutta B 400, i hear they are good reels, do not like the 400 size class, mid price

Calcutta te 300, like the size, bullet proof, do not like price

any thoughts, or personal experence. I am truely on the fence, because the reel i use now is two years old and retail is a close to 200$, so i am gun shy of cheaper reels, but donot want to drop 400$ on a reel that might get beat up from bushwackin