www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: January 22 - Guide Report

Default January 22 - Guide Report

Friday night I took Shawn, his son Brandon and Brandon's friend Ryan from the Milwaukee area out for an evening of Walleye fishing. We were set up at 3 in the afternoon on a 4-foot flat with weeds. The tip ups started flying immediately as the 3 anglers iced a dozen Walleyes with Ryans 19"er being the big fish for the night. The flags were still going up at 8 when we left. Along with the excellent Walleye bite is the crappie bite. I have been fishing the deepest main lake basins with crappie minnows and soft plastics.

If you have any interest in catching nice Walleyes, Pike, or Panfish give us a call at 715.339.3625 or my personal cell at 715.820.1286. Ross's Sport Shop has guides on the water usually 4-5 days a week so we are always up to date on the current hot bite. We'll keep you on the fish!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-01-21_20-01-17_183.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	193.3 KB 
ID:	12541   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-01-21_16-04-54_563.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	12542  
    Ross's Sport Shop and Guide Service - www.rosssportshop.com
    Tooth Tamer Rods - www.toothtamerrods.com
    Dreamcatcher Bucktails - www.dreamcatcherlures.com
    Phillips Ford - www.phillipsfordonline.com

Default nice walleyes!

brandon, are you getting those walleyes on a flowage, clear and deep or shallow and stained lake? just curious on what kind of body of water this pattern works on during this time of year, thanks.

This particular outing was on a shallow, stained lake. I also apply this same pattern to flowages/reservoirs. Every lake is different. Deep, clear lakes usually means fishing deeper weeds. Some people think that Walleyes don't bite that great all winter long. This isn't true. It's just a matter of finding active fish. You can't expect to catch walleyes in the same spot all year long. If you're having a tough time catching walleyes, try a differnt spot, depth, or lake. We're lucky enough to have a lot of great walleye lakes in the area with very limited pressure. Don't be afraid to explore.
    Ross's Sport Shop and Guide Service - www.rosssportshop.com
    Tooth Tamer Rods - www.toothtamerrods.com
    Dreamcatcher Bucktails - www.dreamcatcherlures.com
    Phillips Ford - www.phillipsfordonline.com