www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Off Season Chatter/How was your 2010 season or trip?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default My Experience

2010 was slow for Musky's... I am ususally on the Chip for two weeks mid-July. This is more of a family vacation, but I do put in some time casting for these fish. I usually fish in the morning for a couple hours and in the evening for a few hours. On average I fish about 5 hours a day. I saw 6 different fish, with one caught, a 30 incher on a popper. Three of the fish I saw one day in an hour window and they were hot. Two took a swipe at the bait and missed. The other was about a 45 incher pushing a nice wake. This was before a storm, it began clouding up and the front was approaching. Other than that is was slow. Hard to put together any pattern.

It's a Beautiful Lake, and I enjoy my time on the water, fish or no fish.

I always take a trip to Canada every summer, so anything on the Chip is a bonus for me.

Best of luck to everyone!

For me the 2010 season started out good with June and the first week of July being above normal. Then we got the heat and the month of July went in the tank for me, and I was up alot in the month of July. August was so-so at best and while I had several chances at fish in September nothing made it to the boat. October was one of the best ever and I only got out once in November and went 0 fer 2 that day.
    My average stayed within an inch of 40 inches, which is wierd because most every year has been in this range for 10+ years . . . wierd. I will say I am seeing more fish in the 45-48 inch range than ever though so that makes me pretty happy.
    Can't wait for the 2011 season to open and see what mystery the flowage will throw at us this year.

Corey Meyer

Thanks for the stories and numbers. Makes the winter go by a little better.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com

Living only 3 hours away, I get to fish more than a week or two. Often I'll take a day trip from St Paul and fish with a friend.

IIRC, we boated 12 fish from the Chip in 2010. That is less than what I hoped, but we put the biggest fish that have ever been in my boat.

My family and a friend's family spend the last week of July together. Early in the week, I got a fat 48" on the west side on a ghosttail, followed that up with a 44" on Pete's on the same ghosttail, and then another 40" on the west. My friend caught one fish all week, a monster 49" on the east side on a black pacemaker right at sunset. It was awesome!

We did nothing, absolutely nothing in September and October.

My buddy Tyler Treland saw you guys catch that big one. He said you guys handled it well. Congrats on the big ones last year. Looks like you have a pattern down.
    Ty Sennett Muskie Fishing Guide Service
    & Sennett Musky Tackle Company
    8914 N. Conner Lane
    Hayward, WI 54843
    Land Phone: 715-462-9403
    Cell Phone: 612-839-1227
    Web Site: http://www.tysennett.com