www.lakegenevacannery.com

Thread: Fishing Report for January 19

Default Fishing Report for January 19

Sorry about taking so long I just wanted to post up a fishing report from last thursday. I was out of town for a funeral, but still wanted to post it.

Guided in the evening on LCO for walleye, we had a number of flags, most of which were perch I think, then at dark we iced two walleye up to 20 inches. We were also jigging in the shack for perch and got some nice ones on northland scud bugs and custom jigs and spins shrimpo. We were fishing the edge of a rock bar that topped out at 17 feet of water.

Good Luck,
    Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

Hi Tanner,
    Sorry to hear you had a funeral to go to.

I was out on LCO last Sunday evening for a few hours. Caught a couple of the smallest 'eyes I have ever seen. They must have been 5 inches or so. Caught them on the Fiskas jig that is the same style as a Jigging Rap. Also lost one about 15 inches on the same jig and caught a 12-13 incher on a tip-up. I was on a hump topping off in about 12 feet.

How big are the nicer perch you are catching out there? It seems like a lake that could hold some real jumbos but I never hear of people really trying for them out there.

Tucker

I've never gotten any giant perch out there, but most of the nice ones we catch are 10-13 inches, which are nice perch.

Tanner Wildes
    Captain Tanner Wildes Guide Service
    Tanner Wildes
    Web Site: http://www.tannerwildes.com

That sounds like pretty good perch to me!

Tucker